• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

mmcdermott1 Grow List Log 2011

Well here is my grow list and status. I had a smaller home built greenhouse but I am quickly running out of room so I built a 8' long x 2' deep x 4' high one last night. Used reflective 4x8 sheet in back and bottom/sides/top are some r13 insulation that is suppose to have 98% reflectivity. We shall see. As of now, I have 445 seeds planted and/or purchased and 147 germinated seeds. Other than the 2010 Jalapeno, all seeds with a "0" germination have not been planted yet and/or were just planted in the past few day. My favorite new supplier is Trade Winds Fruit. Their seeds are germinating at an unbelievable rate. My current list is....

PepperList.png

Yea this stupid weather. 60 today 40s tonight then starting Wednesday back to highs of 30's and lows if 20's. I hate Ohio weather

Even Cali is still cold at night. I keep checking the outside thermometer and it's still rocking 40 and below in my back yard come dark. I need to get these young'uns outside and sucking up free sunshine.

Gotta love Texas! Daytime mid to upper 80s, nights mid 60s except tomorrow when it dips to 51F. Today makes 6 straight days the babies have been outside right in the brunt of things. They would be in the ground already, but around here, luck would be a snowstorm in two weeks!

Mmcdermott1, load 'em up and come down here, you might not go back :dance:

Well here is my grow list and status. I had a smaller home built greenhouse but I am quickly running out of room so I built a 8' long x 2' deep x 4' high one last night. Used reflective 4x8 sheet in back and bottom/sides/top are some r13 insulation that is suppose to have 98% reflectivity. We shall see. As of now, I have 445 seeds planted and/or purchased and 147 germinated seeds. Other than the 2010 Jalapeno, all seeds with a "0" germination have not been planted yet and/or were just planted in the past few day. My favorite new supplier is Trade Winds Fruit. Their seeds are germinating at an unbelievable rate. My current list is....

PepperList.png
WOW...

I'll be doing some transplanting and moving this week. I have a friggen jungle going on and not getting enough light I wouldn't imagine. Plants are very overlapped.

100_2478.jpg

100_2479.jpg

One of my Bhut Jolokia plants

100_2473.jpg

100_2474.jpg

100_2475.jpg

Hey hey hey! None of that in front of the kids :P

Nice bhut all the same :dance:

Look at you two tagteaming the forum.... Don't you have to work? Lol

yes that is looking good

you have such fabulous plants already and it is only march :woohoo:

when can you get outdoors for good with these?

well nitwit..not any time soon... here is what I am dealing with..im figuring probably late May...Of course Manzano's are said to survive freezing temps cause they are from cold climates :) Maybe I can get those out! lol

Weather.png

sweet i have "manzanos" here in los angeles area
i have some overwintered outside unprotected
and seedlings planted and growing that have never been indoors
can you please post pics of your pubescens? :dance:

oh, your pm mailbox may be full

I just emptied my PM box.
I only have 3 pubescens. Long Red Slims, Manzano Oranges, and rocoto red. My rocoto's i just started germinating. I can post the Manzano but not much to look at yet..still fairly short. Now long red slims I have some fairly good size ones if you would like to see those. Will have to take when I get home.

well I let the plants dry out plenty. About a week actually. They were for sure ready for a drink. After 1 hour and 38 minutes, they are all done. I have pictures for this week but photobucket is acting up today so I may or may not get pictures posted. I have a cool one of a Manzano..can see the little fuzzy's on the plant. No nuits this feeding, just water. Wanted to flush this time. I did foliar spray with fish emulsion the other day but today's bottom watering was just water.

Man your plants are looking great!!
Very thick and stocky, I like the furry Manzano! Really cool looking.
Excellent work man!

Kevin

Back