food Mmmmmm...poppers!

P.S.: I memorized all former poppers and I found out that ALL the stuffed pods had been bought ones. Those Jalapoppers were the very first stuffed peppers from my own yard! The grand opening of the harvesting season!

How would you guys classify stuffed maters?

IMG_7680.jpg

IMG_7683.jpg

Armadillo said:
P.S.: I memorized all former poppers and I found out that ALL the stuffed pods had been bought ones. Those Jalapoppers were the very first stuffed peppers from my own yard! The grand opening of the harvesting season!

I've taken a vow NOT to make any more poppers this summer until I can use the very own jalas that I'm growing. As of now I think I only have about a half dozen peppers starting to grow. Hurry up, lil dudes! Mama's getting hungry!

ok all poppers look tasty no matter how they're made!
but quad & dillo your recent poppers look damn tasty!

heres my ill attempt at poppers using a hot plate an skillet FYI doesnt work that good. but still tasted good (habs,bacon, gouda cheese)

DSCF2948.jpg

just make sure you post picks! And welcome to THP! I was just through Elkton a couple weeks ago. Made my usual stop at Happy 40 Liquors!

my devils tongue is starting to show signs of growing decent sized pods, which ip good because i've started a thinkin bout a DT/PRAWN popper combo, this is a start other bits and pieces will fall into place before pods are ripe.
I know these are gonna rock the taste buds. You guys will be the first to see the finished product

I have a simple and fast popper procedure. First, whenever I brown some ground beef for taco making or pasta sauce or whatever, I save some in a ziploc in the fridge (or freezer). Then when it's popper time, I mix some of the beef with salsa and maybe a bit of cheese, stuff into the pepper skins with a spoon and top with more cheese.

poppers1.jpg

Only takes 5 minutes or so to heat the meat and melt the cheese, while the pods stay relatively fresh instead of mushy. I dislike cooked 'vegetables' that can be eaten raw.

poppers.jpg

I make these up and cook them on the grill before the meat goes on the charcoal then eat them while we're waiting for the main course to cook.

c.

First ever attempt at poppers.

Stuffing:
Chicken mince
Onion
Garlic
Zucchini
Mushrooms
Can diced tomato
Vegetable stock
Basmati rice
S/P
Cumin
Paprika
Dried Oregano
6 Orange Habs

StuffedChilli001.jpg

Topped with grated Extra Tasty Cheddar and some home made chilli powder:

StuffedChilli002.jpg

Next time I'll try them in the oven or pregrill the chillies to cook them a little.

Cheers.

OMG chicken-sloppy-Joe-popper!

NICE!

Its a canned ground beef bbq kind of thing. THP meant it as a compliment though because it is original. How did you cook them this time? Looks tasty.

SeeYouJimmy said:
First ever attempt at poppers.

Stuffing:
Chicken mince
Onion
Garlic
Zucchini
Mushrooms
Can diced tomato
Vegetable stock
Basmati rice
S/P
Cumin
Paprika
Dried Oregano
6 Orange Habs

StuffedChilli001.jpg

Topped with grated Extra Tasty Cheddar and some home made chilli powder:

StuffedChilli002.jpg

Next time I'll try them in the oven or pregrill the chillies to cook them a little.

Cheers.

As a Popper Overlord I declare those poppers Hot, Blue, and Righteous..my highest rating!

Salute', TB.

JayT said:
Its a canned ground beef bbq kind of thing. THP meant it as a compliment though because it is original. How did you cook them this time? Looks tasty.

Under the grill, which I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) is what you call a broiler. Damn language barrier.. :) Maybe I could just precook them before adding the filling. Thanks.

texas blues said:
As a Popper Overlord I declare those poppers Hot, Blue, and Righteous..my highest rating!

Salute', TB.

Well if the Popper Overlord says so I guess I didn't do too badly. Thanks.

well???????????

how'd they taste? If they taste half as good as they look I'd be begging for more!!!! Those look very yummy!!!!!

Back