• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Mmmmmm...poppers!

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch in Las Vegas. I was going to grill today but ahhh...a little too hot once again. Maybe tomorrow will be more appropos. My gal had bought some very nice ground beef to make some sliders but she changed her mind as usual and opted instead for spinach/cheese ravioli with garlic cream sauce instead. Of course I was enlisted to do the cooking. So what to do with the ground beef? I have peppers. I have cheese. Duh..como se dice en espanol....poppers!!
Ground beef, japs, 4 cheese Mexi mix, shallots, Lawry's and fresh ground pepper. Here tis. Notice the melon ball tool I use to deseed. Works perfect.
0020.jpg

The mix.
0021.jpg

Stuffed.
0022.jpg

0029.jpg

Have a great holiday ya'll....and cheers!!! Texas Bluesman

Put them down with a few Shiner Bocks...I passed my shot phase years ago. They were really good. I had some leftover and had one with breakfast and 2 more for lunch. I will be doing them again real soon. Really can't wait for some pods of my own...I got some going that are going to make some killer (maybe literally) :hell: poppers!

Thanks for all the compliments folks! Was gonna make a batch of standard Jals for my son's b'day party today...but momma forgot to pick up the ingredients and I was in no condition to get them myself. :drunk:

Nice, I haven’t had a Shiner in a while, it’s a good beer, was buying by the barrel but then my distributer stopped carrying it, now it’s special order only, so my main staple is Fat Tire. As for shots I’m with you, any more only do them occasionally while out with friends or celebrating, but I do enjoy a good bourbon on the rocks.

Nice, I haven’t had a Shiner in a while, it’s a good beer, was buying by the barrel but then my distributer stopped carrying it, now it’s special order only, so my main staple is Fat Tire. As for shots I’m with you, any more only do them occasionally while out with friends or celebrating, but I do enjoy a good bourbon on the rocks.
Lol...had a fat tire literally in my hand when I read this! :drunk: Did I mention you have pretty good taste?

Lol, thanks, it’s a combo with me taste and price, they just raised the price of Fat Tire again, with tax $140 and change that’s about a $1.13 a pint, last year at this time it was under a buck a pint, I think it’s the gas prices, but whacha gonna do?

Mmmmm... poppers sprinkled with Thai chili powder, filled with a mixture of cream
cheese and a habanero bbq sauce and stuffed with 1/6 of a Nathan's Hot Dog and
wrapped in semi-cooked bacon!

IMAG1704.jpg

IMAG1703.jpg

IMAG1702.jpg

THATS what we're looking for!! Nice job!!!
Way to take a unique spin on an already awesome idea!!
How were they, seriously? They look so friggin amazing!
And you used nathans hot dogs, good call!

Well played! Do it again!

robbie - you're just nailin' these poppers!!!!! Excellent job!!!!

Those with the hot dogs are JT Crack!!!! Keep them under security, or you may find them missing....

jus' sayin'! :D

Alright first time havin a crack at poppers. A mate whos originally from Orange County showed me how there done the other week and looks like there gonna be a weekly occurence. Love Em!!!!

Jalapenos, Bacon, Cream Cheese mix with diced bacon and habanero powder.
SDC11088.jpg

All wrapped up
SDC11089.jpg

Finished on the bbq
SDC11090.jpg

Close Up
SDC11094.jpg

Back