food Mmmmmm...poppers!

I feel a popper throwdown (informal) comming! I'm going all feaking out this weekend! I may make poppers stuffed with poppers!

Good looking poppers Wright!

Shane

418535_10100220844642567_20603568_42803875_150783255_n.jpg

nothing exotic this weekend, just some japs stuffed with a mixture of cream cheese, pepper jack, pork sausage, and habanero flakes.

AJ made one awesome “ultimate stuffed pepper “. “a thai orange stuffed inside a serrano, stuffed inside an orange habanero, stuffed inside a jalapeno, stuffed inside a poblano...”

IMO I think that a popper should be 2 to 3 bites and be eaten without utensils, anything larger or that requires a fork and knife is either a stuffed pepper or a chile relleno. A popper is an appetizer or side not the main course, but that’s just MO.

I’m not trying to offend you AJ, that was might tasty looking creation you had there and I sure as hell would've scarfed that mother down.

I got in with the wrong crowd and they miss led me. I should have listened to my parents, but all is not lost, you guys are setting me straight and for that I thank you. :halo:

STC that is quite the original approach to a popper. Using the meat diaper inside the cavity to hold in all the yumyums is genius.

Every now and then I get lucky with my ideas...One lesson learned on these was the amount of cornbread batter I put in them was too much. I should have stuffed more beans and cheese in them with maybe a 1/2" layer of cornbread on top. Once they were done they were really good...but HOT!!! The Manzano is a sneaky heat...for a few minutes they don't seem hot at all, then after about 10 minutes you feel like your head is melting!

Thanks!
Shane

ST3, those look really good!!! How was the heat? What meat did you use, is that salami?

I like the "meat diaper" approach.
Also, I have used a cornbread approach to poppers, and it is AMAZING!!!
Glad to see it again, I want to re-visit that!

Looks amazing. More, please.

Back