• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Mom's in the hospital...just found out

Got a call two minutes ago. My mom bumped her head while working out. She went home and put an ice pack on it and an hour lkater called the Metro Health Line (free nurse on call advice) and they said to go to the hospital immedietly.

She's in the emergency room waiting area with my neighbor (who called me) and they are waiting for help. More info when it comes. I'm at work right now, going to leave soon.

Thanks guys. They discharged her and told me to keep an eye on her but they think she'll be fine. She's waaaayyy off balance right now and loopy (more so than normal).

glad things seem to be OK Iggy...do you know how to check for concussions?....pupils are equal and active...shine a light into her eyes and check for pupil reaction if she gets disoriented and also for equal sized pupils...

imaguitargod,

Prayers sent for your mother. Be cautious of those concussions. My wife works in a rehabilitation unit of a hospital. And bumping your head is nothing to mess around with as things can go downhill fast.

I'm going to pass the well wishes onto her, thanks everyone. And yes I do know how to check for concussions, thanks though, AJ.

Yep, I'm sure she is fine, but well wishes anyway. Funny how life stops when you are scared about a loved one.

Well, she woke up just fine today and her bump still hurts but she back to "normal" (like me her normal is everyone else's abnormal)

Good to hear that she's ok. But never ever play any games with any head injury, no matter how minor it may seem. Always get yourself checked out if you bump your head, weather its tiny or you really rang your bell good.

Back