• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Moruga Welders 2017 Grow

https://youtu.be/yKjs4qoSZ0c

Welcome my Friends ! I didn't think i'd be planting this year , due to extensive shoulder surgery in Nov. , 
but Thanks to my P.T. & T.H.P. friends support  , I'm feeling it ! 
So sit back & Hope you enjoy the ride , 
Best of Luck to all !  And so it begins , 
HPIM2918.JPG

moruga welder said:
how was the flavor/heat on them ?
Mine came from Garth (TexasHotPeppers).
I guess they start black/purple and ripen to a nice orange color. That is how I received them.
I brought the mixed box to a card party and proceeded to slice up and serve my friends varying levels of pain.
We thought we all did pretty well, consuming a gallon of whole milk between the 4 of us and really experiencing some great tasting peppers. CGN21566 is i guess maybe a HotHab level? I served it up in the middle of the pack. 

each of us ate half a pepper and were amazed at the flavor. I'm not good at tastes/smells but it was very fruity with some sweetness. and a delicate tropical fruit smell was there. We were surprised by the lack of heat! so while we were all talking about the flavor, one by one, we all stopped mid-sentence and gulped as the tingle of heat turned into a stingy pain all around, all at once. It wasn't stupid hot, but we all remarked at the end of the session that this pepper really started off the pain for the night. and was one of the best tasting of the evening.

moruga welder said:
Yep , here it is ,
1- Baha. goat
2- Safi red
3- Purple nagabrain
4- Choc. primo
5- Primo
6- MOA ( justins strain )
7- Primotillis
8- Big yellow mama 
9- Bbg orange
10- Jonah yellow brains 
11- 7pod burgundy
12- Sbj7 yellow 
13- yellow nagabain
14- Aji pineapple 
15- Gator jigsaw
16- Choc. moruga
17- cgn21566
18- Congo giant yellow 
19- 7pod primo x orange
20- ghost x jalapeno
21- Yellow 7pod 
I hope your orange bbg7 take... mine failed unfortunately. Nice list!

Good start Frank.  Looking forward to seeing how that MOA turns out.  I hope they keep up with their consistent shapes.  And great that you chose the Safi, hope that one turns out for you.  I think that is the best tasting bonnet type I have tried yet.  I only had a few pods last year as plant got to a bad start.  I got 2 started in wave one this year to make sure I get a bigger plant.

moruga welder said:
damn computer is acting stupid ! 

You do know that it's a poor craftsman what blames his tools, right?

But that's ok mang, my computer doesn't like this site for some reason. Keyboard seizes up in fits and starts, will skip keys I've struck. Only happens at THP. The boss says it's a subconscious sexual issue, what do I know?

stettoman said:

You do know that it's a poor craftsman what blames his tools, right?

But that's ok mang, my computer doesn't like this site for some reason. Keyboard seizes up in fits and starts, will skip keys I've struck. Only happens at THP. The boss says it's a subconscious sexual issue, what do I know?
lmao !  you know it , the boss may be right , been a while now     ;)   ,  went out of commission surgery day !  me and mama need to talk ! lol    

Trident chilli said:
Safi and SB7J Yellow two great varieties you won't be disappointed by these ... with the MoA are you now entered in the challenge in the promotion thread
nope no challenge ,  Safi is one of just a few that haven't hooked yet , started 20 seeds of  safi  , nothing yet ,  also chocolate morugas , haven't popped yet . May have to search out some more seeds before it gets to late ! 

Sorry I'l late to the party here, Frank; don't know how I
missed the first four pages of your grow log!  List looks
really good - lots of heat and yellow.  I have a soft spot
in my heart for the yellow varieties!  When your starts hit
that soil mix, they will take off!

Good luck this season...

Back