• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Mustard & Cappuccino Habs

I picked some up over the weekend and was wondering if they would be good in salsa? I never encountered them before and wanted to give them a go in something. Anyone have experience with these bad boys?

interested in these habs too Buddah...good subject...

RB, I assume they are yellow in color?

Yes AJ, like the colour of french mustard. Some of my first ones had tails on though but most of them growing now have more of a hab shape.
They look a bit orangey here but it's the camera.

24082008358.jpg

Here's a better one of them after I saved the seeds from another batch.

08092008380.jpg

If you want any seeds AJ you're more than welcome.

thanks RB...great shots...I may take you up on that offer...

***makes not to self to get Mustard Hab seeds***

They look great although not very Hab-like (habby?) with the tails. Is it just my imgination or do they look kinda pimpled, too?

I agree Potawie. It's blisteringly hot. A nice producer too. I wasn't impressed with the flavor as the heat overcame any I thought.

Chris

Chiliac said:
They look great although not very Hab-like (habby?) with the tails. Is it just my imgination or do they look kinda pimpled, too?

Yeah the tails were on the first few fruit. They're not pimply at all though, smooth as a baby's bum. The Mustard hab is quite squashed looking.

Here is a pic of both habs. The yellow ones are quite unusual in yellow-green color hence the mustard name. Thanks for the info guys. I can send one of the mustard hab peppers to you AJ if you wish. Just send me your address to my email: albuddah@yahoo.com

2842295056_f62c7ca0ed_o.jpg

abf303 said:
i grew mustard habs and i had to say they are one of my favorites

Cool, then I have something to look forward to. I may make some of my salsa with them soon and see what comes of it. I wish peppers were more readily available here in VA so I can experiment more. I so much want some fresh trinidad scorpions like last year. They taste so good and are excellent in my salsa.

Buddah said:
Here is a pic of both habs. The yellow ones are quite unusual in yellow-green color hence the mustard name. Thanks for the info guys. I can send one of the mustard hab peppers to you AJ if you wish. Just send me your address to my email: albuddah@yahoo.com

2842295056_f62c7ca0ed_o.jpg

thanks Buddah...email sent

I would grow Orange Habs over these though. I went though a stage where I wasn't too fussed with Orange Habs but this year they are one of my favourites.

Back