• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My 2010 First Ever Chilli Grow

I've learnt a lot in my first season and will not make the same mistakes again. As I enjoy the rest of the harvest I will plan and plot and scheme away for next sason.
I have learned quite a bit in my first year at growing chili's too. BTW- I didn't know you had that many seeds. Nice assortment for a first year grow.

I got myself some Vinyl food prep gloves from wal-mart, like 2 bucks or something for a box. Needed them after handling some thai hots and then used the bathroom... I also later that night, during sleep managed to rub my eye, WOW, Woke up just about screaming, I was seriously freaked out, ended up rinsing out my eye with some milk, did the trick, not instant relief but the burn only lasted 5 to 10 minutes. Learnt my lesson that night.. wear gloves :)

Hope they are growing for you Alaskan :)

My grow log has pettered out with no posts or pictures. It's not that have lost interest and don't care anymore, but more because I didn't want to post a whole lot of bad news. Photos on my phone look terrible and so I hate using it.

However, I might try to take a photo tomorrow because my very scrabbily looking Bhut Jolokia plant has managed to spit out one pod which is pimply and looks really nasty. :woohoo: It's a little on the small side but its ripening and there are a few more flowers that have started too. I'm counting it as a big win for my first season to get a jolokia pod considering all the bad stuff that has been going on with my plants. I like to blame the hot weather here for the losses but its a lot of things. I surely know a lot more now than when I sowed my first seeds.

Bhut Jolokia pod
iphonepics1703211005.jpg

It is small but I'm sure it packs a punch. I will \sample it tomorrow when I have the guts.

Sorry about the crap photo. My iPhone 3g is still good but the camera still sucks.

Hey Moo, you should come on up to Gingin and get some real tough plants and overwinter them. None of thes mollycoddled things up here, they thrive in this sun.

Hope they are growing for you Alaskan :)

My grow log has pettered out with no posts or pictures. It's not that have lost interest and don't care anymore, but more because I didn't want to post a whole lot of bad news. Photos on my phone look terrible and so I hate using it.

However, I might try to take a photo tomorrow because my very scrabbily looking Bhut Jolokia plant has managed to spit out one pod which is pimply and looks really nasty. :woohoo: It's a little on the small side but its ripening and there are a few more flowers that have started too. I'm counting it as a big win for my first season to get a jolokia pod considering all the bad stuff that has been going on with my plants. I like to blame the hot weather here for the losses but its a lot of things. I surely know a lot more now than when I sowed my first seeds.
Was it hard to get the jolokia to sprout? I'd be proud if I grew a jolokia my 1st season. Cheers :beer:

Was it hard to get the jolokia to sprout? I'd be proud if I grew a jolokia my 1st season. Cheers :beer:

Actually I had a bhut jolokia sprout out of seed raising mix in three days my first ever go. I have no idea what I did right but since then I've had about 50% rates on most varieties I have tried. The bhut jolokia definitely took the longest to grow flowers and a pod, you really need patience.

Back