• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My Bhut Jolokia

Here is my Bhut it is about 5 weeks old not counting the germination which took about 7 days. Only 2 of my 6 seeds I planted germinated.

I got the seeds from the NMSU Chile Pepper Institute

3-9-2008 (Organic Soil I used for germination)
)

4-15-2008 (ProMix Soil)

Here is my growlight setup, I keep them under light 14 hours per day, few more weeks I will move them to my porch outside.

http://www.thehotpepper.com/showpost.php?p=60316&postcount=9

how many of your bhuts did you get to germinate?

Wow! That is 5 weeks after sprouting? Only 2 came up out of 6 from that Chile place? ALL of mine came up that I planted that I got from Peppermainia.com, 10 out of 10.

Mine also sprouted rather fast,like you. After the heat kicked in, in the sun and on the soil I got all my Nagas, Bhuts,& Bih's...They are now 'recovering' from my cat plucking them up out of the soil last week! The little sh--!
They are just putting out their first set of true leaves..at the 2 week mark after germination. That one of yours is unreal. My 2 in my AeroGarden are growing fast,but are still babies.
I hope I get THAT growth from my 2 little grow lights in my aeroGrow unit!! Are you out of Naga seed and need more? I have a few Nagas left,that I can trade if you have some other peppers to sawp?

Hey Telc...I just looked at your light set-up..and that is very inventive. Are those just plain ol' coiled fluoresant bulbs? Or are they some kind of grow light bulbs? If they are the plain ones. They put out THAT much light, to get your peppers to sprout and grow THAT big? I sure as heck can make that set up...though I really don't need it now. But in the 'winter' here...and even tonight it is cold..low 50's :), and would love to pump up the light and heat,when they are inside.

FlaHotPep said:
Hey Telc...I just looked at your light set-up..and that is very inventive. Are those just plain ol' coiled fluoresant bulbs? Or are they some kind of grow light bulbs? If they are the plain ones. They put out THAT much light, to get your peppers to sprout and grow THAT big? I sure as heck can make that set up...though I really don't need it now. But in the 'winter' here...and even tonight it is cold..low 50's :), and would love to pump up the light and heat,when they are inside.

These are the bulbs, they are around $7 for a package of 2 from Walmart.

r03078v29.jpg

http://genet.gelighting.com/LightPr...lectionFilter=FT0010:General Purpose_Standard

AlabamaJack said:
how many of your bhuts did you get to germinate?

2 out of 6 germinated. I am trying to germinate the other 4 now, it has been 1 week and nothing has sprouted. I had 10 seeds total.

Not trying to hijack this thread, but my Bhut plants will grow then hit a brick wall. Nothing else on top comes out for a long time but the side growth does fine.

i98F1B046-BDD9-421F-9C40-A48D83FBC12F.jpg

i655E5F26-0FD2-41B2-8BE7-CAE6B21B6F6C.jpg

They look a bit rough cause they are in 95 degree heat and need a little watering. I am stressing them on purpose but check out this last pic:

i190EB8C4-F9E1-4381-82FE-A5EC57296A36.jpg

What do you guys think is causing this?

The one of the left certainly looks desperate for water. I've had mine droopier though (not on purpose) to the point where it fell out of the soil and half hour later it was all happy again.

Boy in that last picture...it looks like some type of catapillar is enjoying your plants! Or some kind of snail at night maybe?? It look like they have been eaten at the top. But I am jealous of the size anyway.

FlaHotPep said:
Boy in that last picture...it looks like some type of catapillar is enjoying your plants! Or some kind of snail at night maybe?? It look like they have been eaten at the top.

Well then why only the Bhuts and why are all the top leaves gone on each plant until the things decide to restart growth up there? When critters eat my leaves they usually only leave holes and not consume everything.

Philipperv said:
Well then why only the Bhuts and why are all the top leaves gone on each plant until the things decide to restart growth up there? When critters eat my leaves they usually only leave holes and not consume everything.
Nice of them. :lol:

Back