• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

My carnivorous plants [Pictures heavy]

Great show Maiden! I would lead with Heliamphora and Cephalotus too hehe, you must have sunk a lot of money and time into this collection.

You use R/O water? No way you buy distilled by the liter.

I miss CPs, they were the first plants to get me interested in growing anything.

Peppers for now, CPs in the future :)

Any Drosera Regia?

Josh you are right. 1 single plant is legal between USA and Canada. Thats great :-) What do u want? :-P~~~

Oh don't ask me that and mean it...there is too many to choose from my friend!

BTW I thought it was a like 12 or less. I don't remember. I have to look it up again!

Hello Slizarus,

Thanks for your kind words :) heliamphora and cephalotus are my two favorite carnivorous plant genus by far ! These lil guys are so addictive :)

Yes i spent a LOT of money in the plants themselves, T5HO tubes, terrariums and soil mix ingredients. Its stronger than me i guest lol. Yeah i use distilled water i buy at my local water store. This cost me 40$ each year, not so bad. I use 30liters each month.

And now i have many young bhut jolokia seedlings(my first hot pepper experience). So, i will need more water.

I have many drosera but not regia. Its too tall for my setup.

Cheers !

Hm, thats a good price for all that water, I still dont miss buying it all :p

Explains the height thing, any Pygmy sundews?

My setup is for heliamphora, so 30cm height max. Regia is a way too tall..

I dont have pygmy droseras right now, only south african species, i love the lil rosetted ones like delsiana or pretty rosettes.  :surprised:

Im mostly an heliamphora, cephalotus and nepenthes grower. I only have a couple droseras and pings on the side.

My setup is for heliamphora, so 30cm height max. Regia is a way too tall..

I dont have pygmy droseras right now, only south african species, i love the lil rosetted ones like delsiana or pretty rosettes.  :surprised:

Im mostly an heliamphora, cephalotus and nepenthes grower. I only have a couple droseras and pings on the side.

You should look into the wooly dews. The petiolar is complex! Like falconari and paradoxa.

And you do know there are a couple heli taller than 30cm....... :-P

How are you buddy?

Nice to see the different types of dew.

Aliciae vs capensis alba

14932321153_c13b1a8148_b.jpg

BE?

Borneo Exotics maiden. Its one of the big Nepenthes suppliers.

AW=Andrea Wistuba
EP=Exotica Plants
BE= Borneo Exotics
MT=Malaysian Tropicals

And soon to be big in the scene.

CW=Clear Wood Orchids & Exotics. B)

Of course there are other smaller suppliers but most companies here in the states will have plants supplied by the four above. AW, EP, BE, MT

Back