• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My first everythings :)

I'll pass the word along to Almapaprika's parents. :)

I had a good look at the 'Naga X' pods this afternoon, and I'm starting to get intrigued. Those are some Angry looking pods. I'm hoping for some good heat from them.

Took this photo a few minutes ago with my camera phone ('Carl Zeiss' lens my rear end!). Pods look to be growing quickly.

03072009042.jpg

Brought in my camera to work this morning, so will be posting new photos later on today. :)

That Naga X now has quite a few more pods on it, and they all seem to be growing upright. The larger ones have finally gone pendant, but that has more to do with the weight of the pods than anything else. Still, those pods look distinctly 'Naga-esque'.

So relieved the Orange Hab finally picked up and started producing more pods (Can't say the same for the Choc. Hab :().

Some new Photos (taken Monday)

The Mysterious 'Naga X'. The pods dropped down from the weight after a few days. They remind me of the evil vulture like creatures from The Dark Crystal.
P1010390.jpg

Another one growing sideways. Yup. Sideways.
P1010389.jpg

And this is the reason it took me so long to put the new photos up. A crane fell on top of the building next to the one I live in in the lovely city of Liverpool.
P1010420.jpg

My other half and I are peppers without pots at the moment, since the building has been declared 'structurally unsafe', and our building was evacuated while the falled crane is removed and the building secured...
P1010395.jpg

MrArboc said:
Wow.

I guess they'll have trouble selling or renting those apartmens now... :)

I hope noone was hurt!

Thankfully there was only one injury and no fatalities. The crane operator. He is listed as stable. He survided the initial impact, but apparently injured himself while trying to get out of the roof.

The crane dropped it's cement counterweights as it slammed into the building, and the several tonnes of concrete simply plummetted down the five stories taking out the main stairway of one of the blocks of flats, eventually crashing into the basement. The video on the bbc website of the hole it made was just scary! :shocked:

Aji Chombo said:
The video on the bbc website of the hole it made was just scary! :shocked:

The one you posted a link to on your blog? First I got a message saying that the video was only available in some countries, but I clicked "Play again" just for the h*ll of it and then it worked... I'm sure glad I wasn't there.

MrArboc said:
The one you posted a link to on your blog? First I got a message saying that the video was only available in some countries, but I clicked "Play again" just for the h*ll of it and then it worked... I'm sure glad I wasn't there.

BBCi Player is apparently only viewable from within the UK, but they are a little weird with the i Player settings.

The video is scary.:shocked:

It's like something out of a disaster movie, except there was no Arnold Schwartzeneger running around spitting out crappy lines like 'I bet that gave you a splitting Mi-crane.':cool:

Homeonwners still don't know if the building will be a complete write-off.

No peppers were harmed in the making of that video? Whew!

That's some seriously scary stuff there. Those giant cranes fall out of the sky on a regular basis it seems. :rolleyes:

Oh and nice peppers!

caroltlw said:
No peppers were harmed in the making of that video? Whew!

That's some seriously scary stuff there. Those giant cranes fall out of the sky on a regular basis it seems. :rolleyes:

Oh and nice peppers!

Thanks, Carol.

Yes, no peppers were harmed in the making of 'Crane vs. Building: ultimate structure match!'

It is the 11th or 12th time a crane collapses in Liverpool in the last three years. Makes me edgy everytime I pass by one now...

A bit annoyed that the three plants we kept in the flat finally started producing pods! (two Belpicens and a Stromboli) I watered them before I left, but if we're kept away from the building for 10 days or more without watering them, I'm afraid they're gonners! :(

More pics (no more from the crane, though. I might try to do some sort of 'Ring of fire effigy' of the crane to burn later this evening to the Capsicum Gods to appease them)

EVIL APHIDS!!!!! on my Etna pods. They were swiftly sprayed and dealt with mercilessly!
P1010347.jpg

I felt sorry for two coworkers who lost two little Sunflower seedlings early in the season, so I germinated some butternut squash seeds I got from a supermarket bought squash for them to have in the office. Now it's a Triffid attacking boxes and blinds...
P1010348.jpg

Second 'Naga X' plant. This one is in another floor and isolated, so the pods should be true...um...'Naga X'
P1010349.jpg

Little tiny 'Naga X' pods
P1010350.jpg

Mysterious 'Naga X' pods growing in all directions (strange little things)
P1010374.jpg

Orange Habanero Flower
P1010378.jpg

Closeup of the 'Naga X' pods
P1010381.jpg

Orange Habanero and Caribbean Red Habanero by the office window.
P1010359.jpg

Aji Chombo said:
Some new Photos (taken Monday)

The Mysterious 'Naga X'. The pods dropped down from the weight after a few days. They remind me of the evil vulture like creatures from The Dark Crystal.
P1010390.jpg

They certainly look very nice and HOT.

Whoa, that crane wreck is something else.

Silver_Surfer said:
They certainly look very nice and HOT.

Whoa, that crane wreck is something else.

Thankfully, today we've been allowed back into our flats (the ones next to the crane wrecked building). :)

That certainly does look like a hot pepper, SS. Kind of like a hideous love child between Thanos and Keith Richards...:lol:

Back