• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My first everythings :)

Muchos Peppers Mas!

Orange Habanero pods
P1010576.jpg

P1010578.jpg

Caribbean Red Habanero pod
P1010581.jpg

Black Cuban Flower
P1010584.jpg

White Habanero pods
P1010587.jpg

P1010589.jpg

And last, but most definitely not least: last week, whilst walking through campus, I came across this young 'lady of the streets'. I say that because I found her ambling in the pavement without a clue, near a part of campus where the real 'ladies of the street' tend to hang about 'lookin' fer bizznes, luv.'

Of course, being a true and proper gentleman, I took her in and offered her an unending feast for her 'services' I was suprised to see her still wandering around in the Orange Habanero, wandering from branch to branch after 9 days.

Not seen that many aphids on the O Hab in a week, now that I think about it...;)

P1010592.jpg

Thank you kindly, sir.:)

Seeing your harvest pics and the ones of some of the more experienced growers on this forum is a big inspiration for me!

Just makes me want to go into people's offices and say 'I'm putting these three habanero plants in here, just sit there calmly and say YES!':P

Thanks, Lavish. The large Orange Hab is now just shy of 5 foot! The Chocolate Hab and the 'Naga X' will probably pass the 6 foot mark by the end of August. Growth has just been freaky for them!

Even though it's not been the brightest or warmest of weekends, it has apparently been very good for maturing pods.

The 'Naga X' pods are starting to mature. Took this photo this morning with the phone camera (hence the crappiness).
03082009061.jpg

A couple of friends have offered to be 'testers' for the pod. So I guess a video is soon to be made of a bunch of librarians running around screaming in pain...:mouthonfire:

There's also an Orange Habanero pod changing colour.

This is looking to be an interesting week at the library...:lol:

great looking plants chombo...won't be long now...

the taste test video will be great...

Thanks Guys.

I'm really looking forward to an explosive 'Naga Con Carne' once the pods are ready. :onfire:

Had to trim down the Rocoto Rojo at work because it was just growing too wild. Lots of growth, but no flowers. :(

So I've taken the trimmings and put them as cuttings for people at work to take, and lo and behold, all of them are spoken for now! :) (someone just ran up to me to take one as I write this)

Amazing looking plants. Unbelievable for a window sill. That Naga looks like a Dorset to me from the shape of the pod. Just a guess.

Thanks, bigt. I'm really happy with the windowsills. And when the radiators kick in come September, it will be the perfect place to overwinter some of the plants! :)

Took this pic a few minutes ago while harvesting some of the piri-piris and splendors (again with the horrible phone camera):

03082009062.jpg

Was dissappointed with the Piri-Piris...I used some in a cheese cornbread I baked last weekend, but they added almost no heat to the cornbread...:(

Interesting looking chillies Aji, I'm currently munching on some Blair's death rain habanero crisps, nom, thanks for the recommendation, while I was there I bought Pyromania chilli sauce, I was tempted to go for something hotter but looking at the ingredients for the sauces on offer they were less Hab than the South Devin one (by a lot) so I got the Pyro as it had chipotle as well and as I'm growing Jals it seemed like a good idea :)

Aji Chombo said:
]A couple of friends have offered to be 'testers' for the pod. So I guess a video is soon to be made of a bunch of librarians running around screaming in pain...:mouthonfire:

Nice update Aji!!!

Don't forget to scold those librarians if they get too loud. :lol:

Back