• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in Startup Help.

My First Mole Hawt Sauce

Got a kit for Christmas w/Mad Dog 357 pastes. Habanero, C. Reaper and Naga Morich.

This will be my first attempt. Please peruse my 'gredients, make suggestions....

15966106_232956047153688_7865012945692239345_n.jpg

If you like that broth/sauce idea, here's what I would do,

Take one cut up chicken and add to a shallow pan with one cut up onion and a hanfull of garil cloves. Pour just enough water on it to about an inch deep or half way up the chicken. Cover with a lid and bring just to a boil. Poach the chicken for about 20-25 minutes until cooked and tender. Remove the chicken and discard onions and garlic. Add enough of your Mole Hawt Sauce to the remaining broth and whisk. Let cook down and reduce a bit while deboning and shredding the chicken. Add chicken to the sauce and simmer for about 10 - 15 minutes. Serve with rice and beans and tortillas!

Now my damm mouth is watering. :D

Scoville DeVille said:

Take one cut up chicken and add to a shallow pan with one cut up onion and a hanfull of garil cloves. Pour just enough water on it to about an inch deep or half way up the chicken. Cover with a lid and bring just to a boil. Poach the chicken for about 20-25 minutes until cooked and tender. Remove the chicken and discard onions and garlic. Add enough of your Mole Hawt Sauce to the remaining broth and whisk. Let cook down and reduce a bit while deboning and shredding the chicken. Add chicken to the sauce and simmer for about 10 - 15 minutes. Serve with rice and beans and tortillas!

Gad, that sounds too easy. I'm going to give it a schott, likely next weekend (this weekend is Mama's alfredo days), and I will report back!

I hope it works!!! You might need to use all of your Hawt sauce to get the flavor. But it will make a nice sauce. If it ends up too thin in consistency, toast 2 corn tortillas until COMPLETELY dry and grind it into a flour. Add that to the sauce before you add the chicken in the simmering/reducing stage. You could add corn chips instead, but just watch the salt content.

The local tribe grew a bumper crop of white corn last summer. What they have is a course grind, but I can make it into masa fair dinkum.

I'm told the white corn meal runs rings around all others, though I like the color that blue tortillas turn my poop!

Whatch, now everybody's gonna go buy blue chips just to see......

Tried a new one, pulled the recipe out of my dimpled butt.

Pineapple-mango hab & 7pod hawt sauce.

No chocolate, and I mean that.

1 mango, fresh diced*
1 cup diced fresh pineapple
A bunch of lime juice (couple tablespoons, anyway)
1/4 cup cider vinegar
3 cloves garlic
1 mystery red pepper that the produce guy at the store could only tell me was "hot". Pretty sure it's a jala. Diced
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons habanero puree (had no powder)
2 teaspoons Joyners 7pod bubblegum powder

Obviously, you throw the stuff together in a processor and puree it into submission.
It tastes wonderful, though next time I'm backing off on the salt.

15977549_237321170050509_7025932112853425965_n.jpg
15976947_237321186717174_6058078453438254539_n.jpg

I dispensed with the barrage of photos.

* I effing HATE dealing with mangos. This was my first, and NOBODY warned me about the learning curve. The G-D thing doesn't even have much flavor, hence the pineapple....

That is all...............................................................

stettoman said:
* I effing HATE dealing with mangos. This was my first, and NOBODY warned me about the learning curve. The G-D thing doesn't even have much flavor, hence the pineapple....

That is all...............................................................

They weren't ripe enough if they had no flavor. What type did you buy? Were they red and green, or a full yellowish orange? I don't like that yellow type as much.

Yes they are a pain.

This one was green with reddish hues, hard as a potato in one place and soft as a ripe banana in others. AND THAT PIT!! I thought avocado pits took up too much of the fruit....

But I tried to peel it with a potato peeler. Should have made a video. The softer flesh did have a better flavor, but still, what do they use to give chutney any flavor?

Aw gosh, I sound bitter, don't I.....

Mangoes are delicious when ripe one for my fave eating fruits. It's a very prominent flavor, you just got a bad one. It was underripe, and the part you said was soft may have been some rotting, as, it should ripen evenly. 

The Hot Pepper said:
Mangoes are delicious when ripe one for my fave eating fruits. It's a very prominent flavor, you just got a bad one. It was underripe, and the part you said was soft may have been some rotting, as, it should ripen evenly. 

When you order dessert at a Thai restaurant do you get the mango dessert or the fried banana??

Well, a teaspoon per half pint bottle of the 7pot powder was a tad overwhelming for the Darlin' Bride, so I pureed another half pint of pineapple into the blend. I'm officially out of tropical fruit.

But I have peaches. Im in northwest Minnesnowta, guys. Non-canned tropical fruit is a crapshoot up here.... 

Is the banana flaming?

Scoville DeVille said:

A slight variation on your recipe: I put a whole chicken into a bath that almost covers--You see, the extra broth comes in handy later--I HATE store bought broth.

16174968_240212723094687_981967594396689131_n.jpg

This will slow simmer for a couple hours on the lowest simmer I can get going, keeping the chicken from drying out yet getting the best broth possible. Then the bird will come out, the broth separated, and back to your regularly scheduled program... :P

I am anxious to see how the finished sauce turns out!

Btw, it's impossible for us to keep homemade broths in the house at all times. This stuff is the best, hands down. We ALWAYS have Beef, Chicken and Veg but they have like 20 different kinds. Great quality!

IMG_1129.JPG

Pretty simple process, except that free range chicken tends to be just a little greasier than your steroid-fed contemporaries fum de stoe.

I made up a couple gallons of broth, didn't look like I used that much water---MUST BE CHICK'N JUICE!!! :dance:

16179346_240326703083289_3510814210613035323_o.jpg

Chicken cooked up perfect. Whaddaya do?

16142795_240326726416620_4794100994895218727_n.jpg

You're right Scovie, I used ALL the mole, but The Darlin' Bride really loved it, so I may have a couple back-channel requests for a sauce recipe of yours. You are, after all.....the King, no

I lied, that was some really good football (sorry Malarky, Atlanta was GREAT!)

Oh, and I lied again, I found some beans and rice in the freezer from just last week (alzheimers, don't ask)...

Back