• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My garden

915river said:
Melons2009patchP1000971.jpg

Here is also my melon peach

Those are variety I grow:
Watermelon:Sweet Diane,Jubily,Yellow Doll & Golden crown
Cantaloupe:Persian melon,Israeli Ogen,Jharbezeh Mashadi,Ambrosia,Alusta,Buharka,D'Algiers,Swan lake melon,Orange blossom maskmelon, Jenny Lind,Prescot font blanc & Bole D'or

915river said:
Those are variety I grow:
Watermelon:Sweet Diane,Jubily,Yellow Doll & Golden crown
Cantaloupe:Persian melon,Israeli Ogen,Jharbezeh Mashadi,Ambrosia,Alusta,Buharka,D'Algiers,Swan lake melon,Orange blossom maskmelon, Jenny Lind,Prescot font blanc & Bole D'or

Whoa, that's some close spacing and they're all fighting for their share of the sun. :)

The Ambrosia is my absolute all time favorite cantaloupe, straight up or slice one in half, scoop out the seeds and fill with homemade vanilla ice cream. Sinfully good on a hot summer afternoon. :D

915river said:
, this year I didn't put the plastic under neat & pay dearly pulling the weeds.

Thanks to all my friend who trade seeds with me I appreciate that.
:lol:

Great veggie patch, Vladan!

Please explain what you do with the plastic that combats weeds??

Thank you -

huntsman said:
Great veggie patch, Vladan!

Please explain what you do with the plastic that combats weeds??

Thank you -

I put plastic in the garden to prevent from weeds this year I didn't put in the rows like last year only for tomatoes that why I have to pull more weeds around peppers plants my mistake.Usually when you spread plastic all over the garden you save you self time not having weeds less labor & black plastic is good for plants make soil under neat warmer so plants grow faster & fruits grow bigger.For tomato lot of people use red plasticAfter the season is over all you lift the plastic & pull it out very easy & you have soil under neat clean weeds free.

Heh heh! That's a great plan.

So you just lie it flat on the ground around the plants? You don't dig it in at all?

huntsman said:
Heh heh! That's a great plan.

So you just lie it flat on the ground around the plants? You don't dig it in at all?

Yes you have to tilled first than apply all over garden fertilizer for vegetable than cover with plastic than after that cut the plastic like x than dig little hole below put the plant inside cover with soil & add dehydated cow manure & you all set.

lee said:
Looks great 915!,

Thanks Lee, I just sold my house in the month I have to move so all my plants in the garden will stay for new owner but I still digg abouth 30+ plants will take with me in the new house .That man new owner is so happy will have lot of veggies.Hope my plants survive so far so good in the pots.

915 river dang you are growing all those that is sweet, i see a belize habanero i stayed in belize for a while it was absolutely crazy i actually got a bot fly if u from belize u would know what that is any ways what makes a belize habanero special? really like the outdoor ground garden!

Noshownate said:
915 river dang you are growing all those that is sweet, i see a belize habanero i stayed in belize for a while it was absolutely crazy i actually got a bot fly if u from belize u would know what that is any ways what makes a belize habanero special? really like the outdoor ground garden!

Thanks, hope Belize habanero have time to get fruits I start those late, garden is ok but anyways I will have nice garden in another house good size to, the bad think I will live all my plants to some one alse (new owner) but it is fine I would have planty of time to have it again next year with better selection hope everithing going well.

Wishing you the very best in your move. Moving can be very stressful and if you need a place to vent, remember you can always come here and we will listen.

Congrats on the home sale. :) That alone is an accomplishment in this economy. Sorry about the garden loss though.

My peppers seem to be doing poorly this season. Pretty depressing. I don't know if it's weather, soil issues, overwatering by me, or some environmental problem. They just seem small and I am doubtful much will yield. It makes me MAD. lol. I had high hopes, but it's mid-July and not encouraging at all. :(

cmpman1974 said:
Congrats on the home sale. :) That alone is an accomplishment in this economy. Sorry about the garden loss though.

My peppers seem to be doing poorly this season. Pretty depressing. I don't know if it's weather, soil issues, overwatering by me, or some environmental problem. They just seem small and I am doubtful much will yield. It makes me MAD. lol. I had high hopes, but it's mid-July and not encouraging at all. :(

Thanks Chris
This year is not that great garden wise but still it is another year we will do fine next year my friend.

Back