• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

My newest creation

I have to first explain how this all came about... I recently started a "diet", i don't like that term beceause i more so changed the way I eat. Currently I have reduced my meat intake to zero, kicked soda and almost all pre-packaged or processed foods. I'm also not eating cheese, eggs, milk etc. I am a die hard hot food addict, have been since i was a kid. So I am figuring out healthy ways to eat while still getting the heat I crave. Anyway long story short I busted out this awesome dish and I'm so impressed I had to post it for you guys.

2 cups(uncooked) jasmine brown rice (follow instructions on whatever rice you get.

1 can black beans

1 can light red kidney beans(you can use any type of beans)

Cook the rice and throw it in a large mixing or salad bowl. drain the cans of beans and toss them in and mix everything together.

Throw the bowl in the fridge and start making your choice of fresh salsa. I'll give you the recipe to the salsa i whipped up.

1 can (7oz) of chipotle peppers in sauce

4-5 decent size tomatos

2,3,4 jalapenos. I used 2. (however many you desire, maybe even habs if you must have it flaming hot)

half of a large red onion (optional, tastes fine without)

4-5 cloves of garlic. I used 5.

juice of 7-8 key limes.

tablespoon of salt. Blended it all together. Not the best salsa in the world but great for what I had on hand.

That's it. Just smother the chipotle salsa over the top in a bowl and mix it up. It's seriously amazing.

Someone make it and tell me what you think. I really recommend a chipotle salsa because it really gives it that southwestern edge and goes well with the dish.

Back