• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

condiment My Salsa

Friends,

I have been making my own salsa for the last five years.It is a simple recipe with grilled Jalpenos, onion, garlic, cilantro and Roma Tomatoes with my spices treatment. Slightly sweetish but taste wise out of this world.

NJA's SALSA

4154321406_0b19762a5c.jpg

I have never named it as I don't think I will be offering for sale. But who knows?

NJA

Cilantro is good in fresh salsa. Fresh salsa is very different than cooked, as all the flavors are separate, and in cooked, flavors are melded. I like it in fresh only. Just my thang. Agree with PF you could add it to cooked upon eating for the freshness.

thehotpepper.com said:
Indian grocery near you?

Not that i know of but i travel to Sydney from time to time, they would surely have it. Probably should get a list happening as to what else i should pick up when i get the chance.

pepperfever said:
Cilantro is something that some like and some don't. The flavor is so heat sensitive it's easier to make salsa without it and add fresh cilantro when you serve it.

or you could use flat-leaf parsley as a substitute instead. (is that what it's called in north america?)

Back