• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

My Spacing

Here is my grow list for this year...

7 Pot Barrack Pore
7 Pot Large Yellow
7 Pot Red
7 Pot Yellow
Bhut Indian Cabone
Bih Jolokia
Bombay Morich
Chocolate Bhut (X2)
Chocolate Habanero
Dorset Naga
Red Bhut (X2)
Trinidad Scorpion Yellow
White Bullet Habanero (X2)
Yellow Bhut

Here is the problem I face. I have never grown any of these varieties before and don't know how big they can get. I am planning out my gardens and so far for the 20 plants I have, I have created a 12'x6' plot for them to go in all spaced about 2' apart. If anyone has any suggestions on how far to space these plants, that would be greatly appreciated.

Awesome list! Im still doing the trail and error in the garden so no advice from me, but I believe two feet should be adequate!

Nicole

I just expanded my growing area to 4600 ft^2 to accommodate my 550 superhots and ya the wife's stuff. Keep in mind that 100 will go into 5-gal pots and the best I can do after that is 2 ft spacing. The way they grew last season I should have had 3 ft spacing. Just can't win!!

Well maybe keeping my 2 ft. spacing is enough, or at least for now and then I will just keep record of what size everything gets for future use. :)

Well I have Googled most of the varieties of what I am growing and most of them look like they will be VERY big and VERY productive.

yikes....well I guess I will find out how well it goes...lol I have a feeling I am going to have pods falling out of places I dint know existed based on some of the pics I have seen if the plants I have. That just means A TON of pepper powder. :)

sometimes planting closer together isn't a bad thing...especially if their roots don't interfere with one another....I grew 160 last year on 21" centers...and they produced a lot...problem was walking thru them to pick or inspect the plants...a good thing about the closeness is with the wind we have here in North Texas, they essentially become one huge hedge and support each other...

heres a pic from the end of July last year..

072910a014.jpg

Jack you never cease to amaze me with your crops...lol My wife gives me a hard time and I only have 20 this year. So when I showed her I was like "What do you think his wife thinks?" lol Well considering the openness of the golf course (the fairway of the second hole is our back yard), that would provide plenty of opportunity to strong winds Im thinking. Guess this year being in a new house and with a nice new yard will have plenty of learning to do. I JUST found out that our water hookup to the in ground sprinkler system is cracked. :( Thanks much for the advice. Cant wait to see my garden look like a jungle much like your yard. :)

Well I suppose worst case scenario I could take a few and put them in front of the house. They should still get plenty of sun light. Any advice on what plants are the bigger varieties of what I have or are they all going to be pretty big?

Back