smokers My X-Mas Smoker

thehotpepper.com said:
Oh you're in Germany, sorry. Yeah, that looks good. You can also check aircraft supply, they use fiberglass sealing tape on airplanes.

No problem!
I also thought about automotive sealing cardboard. But that would be too hard and stiff, I'm sure for doors and valves a soft and flexible seal might be better.

Today I sealed the doors and valve of the smoker with FireFix oven sealing cord.

IMG_9849.jpg

IMG_9850.jpg

IMG_9851.jpg

Tomorrow I will try how it works. I hope the temperature will be easier to control.

For tomorrow I rubbed 15 chicken legs with brown sugar, salt, oregano, basil, black pepper and tabasco powder. After a few hours I marinaded them with a mixture of red wine, soy sauce, mustard and garlic. They will stay in the marinade until tomorrow.

IMG_9852.jpg

Ooops... Did you have to wait?:lol:

Here's today's smoker action:

IMG_9853.jpg

Chicken is ready!

IMG_9854.jpg

Here's one chicken leg with mac and cheese and some sauce I made with the rest of the marinade, some red pepper cream chease and a few drops of lemon juice:

IMG_9856.jpg

Tender and tasty! I like it!

Ohhh perfect BBQ, and perfectly modded smoker, I see the mods worked well. What did you spend, like $10?

I have a few mods to do to mine in spring including gasket.

8,75 € was the price, round about 11 $. The mods made it better, but it was still a PITA to control the temperature. I used my hot air gun for firing up...:lol:

You may need to drill holes in the charcoal pan, on the bottom too, and elevate it a bit with a few angled pieces of metal.

Back