• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

my_key's chilli universe v1.0 (beta release)

Thanks. Yeah they're doing quite well. For a little perspective, this is how the Aji Umba's and Naga Morich's were doing three and a half weeks ago:
img_4064.jpg

One more question: The naga leaves that were affected by mildew, do I have to cut them off or can they stay on the plant? I've treated those leaves with a sulphur based product (dutch) and the problems seem to have subsided... Will it come back if I leave the leaves on or are the spores already everywhere and do I just have to keep the humidity low?

my_key said:
One more question: The naga leaves that were affected by mildew, do I have to cut them off or can they stay on the plant? I've treated those leaves with a sulphur based product (dutch) and the problems seem to have subsided... Will it come back if I leave the leaves on or are the spores already everywhere and do I just have to keep the humidity low?

Those leaves aren't badly damaged, so I'd leave them alone and monitor. Increasing air circulation should solve your problem.

I couldn't controll myself once again and I have, besides the preatermissum of the previous post, also sown C. Lanceolatum, C. Rhomboideum, Tepin and Pequin. :D

Plants look great! Glad to see that you got some Lanceolatum seeds. I plan on trying to get some of the Rhomboideums for next year as well. Those yellow flowers look interesting.

jacob

Yeah those wilds have something special about them. They're so unique. The lance has pretty flowers too, a very nice pattern I find.

Yes I did plant the fatalii's you sent me, but only recently. They couldn't have germinated yet. I also have traded fatalii's with Nate, so I'm going to compare which I like best and keep breeding from that one.

I'm usually very peace loving, but I'm in a hostile mood today.

I'm starting to notice the first symptoms of trips and I'm having a battle with fungus gnats (=sciarid fly or black fly) in some pots. Some pots are really infested and I can see the white larvae who are - I can imagine - eating away at my roots! The fungus gnats kind of die off when the pots dry out, but because I have many chillies with different watering needs and schedules (large plants, small plants, 10L pots, 2.5L pots, 1L pots,...) they seem to be getting away with pot hopping. Also you cannot keep the pots dry forever since the goal is to keep the plants alive... Grrr. I've ordered a little surprise for them. If that doesn't seem to work I'll have to threaten them with buying some Steinernema feltiae later. Those guys don't take prisoners, but they take a week or two to become effective and they require a relatively humid soil to move in, which I rather not have my chillies roots in if not needed. On the other hand they help fight trips off as well.

To get the trips away I'll start some subtle diplomatic negotiations tonight under the form of some pyrethrin with rapeseed oil and regular Neem applications from that time on to persuade them to find some other plants to destroy (preferably somebody else's).

:evil: This ends now! :evil:

img_4632.jpg

Rocoto flowers.

img_4633.jpg

Champion (baccatum)

img_4634.jpg

CAP 1144

img_4638.jpg

Huge Pink Habanero

img_4639.jpg

Cayennes in hydro. Harvested more than 60 cayennes from these 4 plants. Next year there will be more ebb systems :mouthonfire:

img_4640.jpg

Thailand Black Chilli. Smallest plant with a ripe pepper on it. Got the seed from Junglerain.

img_4621.jpg

Picture of June 28th. The big plant in the background (Aji Escabeshe, seed from Smokemaster) is nearly 1.8 meters (5 foot 9) tall today (a week after the picture). It's my tallest plant and it has only just forked. My Aji Amarillo (not in picture) is 1.6 meters (5 foot 2), just forked as well.

img_4641.jpg

My Lance (C. Lanceolatum). Small but cute.

The first post you posted is just awesome.
The leaves of your plants are so green, they look really healthy.
I'm kinda envious because some of mine plants look more yellow than green...

Bleash

Back