• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Naga jam, should I?

In my family we make jam out of everything (figs, onions, eggplants...), so I thought to myself, why not Nagas? :idea:
I mean it sounds awesome to me, but I think it might be defying nature. :P :lol:
I'll be growing them really soon, and just think of things to do with. :onfire:

Omri go for it or you will always be thinking what if I did. Sounds good,use to mix Habs and Hanoi Reds with cream cheese for my bagels for breakfast.
Dan

LET IT BURN

I'll get some Nagas to try it before actually growing the Nags (Although I think it will be pretty soon).

I just made a batch of Sour Apple Habanero Jelly. This stuff is awesome!!! I took a few ritz crackers, smeared some cream cheese on them and topped them with about 1/2 teaspoon full of the jelly....OMG they were awesome!!!! I would definately try to make Naga Jam or Jelly!!!! Why not?

Hi! How do you make eggplant jam? I grew thai and japanese eggplant this year and have run out of ways to cook them.
Thanks!

Well the basic way of making jam is cooking the material (eggplants in your case) with an equal amount (by weight) of sugar, after that's done soak it with water and let it reduce.
Now that's just the basic, I personally have a special and SECRET recipe for each kind of jam.
Tips:
Spices go really well with sweetness.
Choose the smart way of processing the material.
Experiment with "stuff", it can't hurt.

lol - secret recipe, huh? Give me a hint - what do you use the eggplant jam for? Do you run it through a food mill to remove the seeds and skin?

Back