• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Naga Snake Bite

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Product Reviewed:
Naga Snake Bite - Private Reserve
Company:
thechileman.org
www.thechileman.org
TheHotPepper Member:
darlochileman
Listed Ingredients:
Onions, carrots, tomatoes, vinegar, naga morich red chillis, ginger, sugar, red bell peppers, garlic, olive oil, salt.
Label/Packaging:
Killer logo!
Heat Index:

This is my first naga sauce... and my first sauce with onion as the first listed ingredient. Love it! It's almost like a super hot onion chutney. This stuff is thick... you may need to employ your favorite ketchup bottle technique. The tap, the roll... the knife won't work with this bottle. Once you use up a bit it gets easier and you can shake it out.

I was putting this on everything! Even Italian. It was best on Indian fast food (eggplant roti, chicken roti, lamb roti). Hmmm. It just dawned on me. Maybe that's because of the "onion chutney" similarity.

This stuff is hot. Shake well though, when I was spoon tasting, I had some "not so hot" moments, and some "almost extreme" moments.

Congrats on this sauce, and I hope "Private Reserve" does not mean "Limited Edition". This is a definite new favorite.

Attachments

• snakebiteggplant.jpg
    snakebiteggplant.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 287
  • snakebitechicken.jpg
    snakebitechicken.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 268
  • snakebitelamb.jpg
    snakebitelamb.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 283
  • snakebite.jpg
    snakebite.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 272
I've had the Snakebite PR too and enjoyed it. I did think it would be hotter though, but it's got a fantastic taste. If you weren't too keen on carrots you might not enjoy it so much. As said before the sauce can become quite thick in places. As it's made from natural ingredients that makes it even better to me. Unfortunately he's been sold out of his range for a while. I've also got the Naga Concentrate which tastes purely of Nagas, salt and vinegar which is all it contains. Not too hot though but nice for a quick fix.

I ordered 8 bottles of this Naga sauce (4 reserve and 4 extreme) and never got my entire order. For some reason Mark sent me 4 bottles in one box (2 of which were broken upon arrival) and I never received anything else from him. He claims to have sent the remaining 4 bottles, plus additional ones to replace the broken ones on 2 separate occasions, but I have yet to receive anything else from the UK. And this is after verifying my address with him numerous times. Not directly accusing Mark of anything, but I spent like $75 USD on 2 bottles of hot sauce! Sauce is good, service was kinda lame.

there'll be more, write to darlochileman for info. I bought a heap of bottles from the first batch and except for a couple I've gifted I've had the lot.

wonder why I've got no hair? Naga Snake Bite!

I have a bottle from the very kind chilliman 64 its not bad, one thing I noticed most people have said is they thought it would be hotter, I garentee Mark will have taken this on board and the next batch will strip paint lol. I'll be interested to see the reviews of batch three.

Mick

I placed a few bids on the concentrate he had on ebay but it got to over 60 pounds sterling, it was way too much for me once it hit about 25 GBP. I wonder if the winning bidder ate it?

I have a number of bhut plants growing and I intend trying to make a concentrate - my plan is to de-placenta some pods and grind the placentas in a mortar and pestle with some salt and vinegar, and I can save the seeds for next season.

I just don't know were to start with nagas maybe take half a kilo blitz with a cup of vineger then reduce down to paste which would take some cooking then add the other half kilo blitz again bring to boil and bottle no salt no sugar. ( I would only add the second half at the end so the fresh flavour of the pod wasn't lost in cooking) I reckon that mix would kill an elephant and I don't advice making it anywere inside a house lol.

Mick

personally I can't wait to start making a naga sauce. Got a few ingredients worked out already but need to get a handle on that fresh pod taste to see where it's going.
Should be a good culinary challenge.

My friend Craig who helps me in the chilli stalls mum is from Assam she said they use them green and not that much. I'llhit her up for a curry recipe.

hehe - thats (curry is) the one ;) I'm sure I can tame the heat into a creeper but need the sweet & base to enhance the flavour ...whatever that is??

yeah I reckon that way it would be feircely hot and yet still showcase the fresh pod flavour. It would probably have to be kept in a lead canister but I don't know exactly what you'd use it for maybe addit right before you serve a curry dunno it's unknown territorry for me really

you could call it "Angry naga elephant stop" lol

chilliman64 said:
I wonder if the winning bidder ate it?

I have a number of bhut plants growing and I intend trying to make a concentrate - my plan is to de-placenta some pods and grind the placentas in a mortar and pestle with some salt and vinegar, and I can save the seeds for next season.

It's not actually that hot. I got mine for under £10 from an English site which actually worked out slightly cheaper than buying it from www.thechileman.org/ I've ordered the latest batch of his sauce. It's on his site and ebay. Mark used the same ingredients in his concentrate as you plan to. Nagas, cider vinegar, and sea salt (french to be precise).

Back