• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Nando's Peri-Peri sauces

JayT said:
You know, personally, (I may be crucified for this here) I think Tabasco has been given a bad name unfairly. It has never claimed to be more than it is: peppers and vinegar. It has been consistent for over a hundred years and over 100 countries. It is not what we as chileheads crave, but why such a bad rap?

No bad wrap from me, apart from the fact that there are many nicer chilli sauces out there.
Tabasco is what got me going on the schoville highway and i will be forever grateful;) I do however walk past the Tabasco in the supermarket these days. The last time i had it was in a bloody mary, about a quarter of the bottle that is!!

I also got a nandos kit for xmas. While not superb they have there place i.e roast chicken etc things the entire family can enjoy. I picked up there bbq sauce from the supermarket last night and was nicely surprised. Im no huge bbq sauce buff but this stuff is great. I mixed it with a 1/4 wrath of god and enjoyed it greatly. No offence scorp!

Pete

There are worse prezzies to get...

Picture8.jpg

Nandos i pass them and think "oh what they like" Thanks ill now Passs.

Tabasco, can thank that for the Youtube vids as 1st vid put up was my son snorting a line of it for a bet.. tough way to make $10 but from stupid ideas comes other stupid ideas :lol: and tabasco sauce even made it onto a vid, though it was the miracle fruit vid still got there.. fresh tabascos are excellent though YAY got some ripenng atm

theHippySeedCo said:
Nandos i pass them and think "oh what they like" Thanks ill now Passow.
FTFY

JayT said:
You know, personally, (I may be crucified for this here) I think Tabasco has been given a bad name unfairly. It has never claimed to be more than it is: peppers and vinegar. It has been consistent for over a hundred years and over 100 countries. It is not what we as chileheads crave, but why such a bad rap?
: throws empty Defcon Bottle at Jay :

HEY! Ouch. I didn't say I liked it, but I stand by what I said. It never claimed to be hot or anything more than peppers and vinegar.

Hey all, this is my first post since finding this awesome site.
Out of curiosity I bought a bottle of Nando's peri peri extra hot sauce today for $2.98. Agree totally with the salad dressing comment I found the flavour disgusting although the heat was ok.

shotta said:
Out of curiosity I bought a bottle of Nando's peri peri extra hot sauce today for $2.98. Agree totally with the salad dressing comment I found the flavour disgusting although the heat was ok.

This is a long dark road my friend, you'll end up just like passow if you're not careful. The man drinks oleoresin to wash down his naga poppers then slaps your mom.

Cheap sauces are a gateway drug.

shotta said:

Welcome from Sunny Australia mate.....EDIT: Just saw you are from VIC...:oops:

I can say with no fear that the Nando's lemon & herb hot sauce has to be the worst hot suace I have ever tasted...

Thread moved.

I don't know if these sauces have oil in them, but I have noticed sauces with oils such as olive or canola taste like salad dressings because of the oil vinegar combo.

its based on the classic potuguese/spanish sauces, except to make them you use good quality olive oil fresh lemon and fresh pods.
when the simple stuff is done well its great when its not it's nandos

Txclosetgrower said:
This is a long dark road my friend, you'll end up just like passow if you're not careful. The man drinks oleoresin to wash down his naga poppers then slaps your mom.

ROFLMAO!!!!

Although in all fairness, she deserved the slap. Said something about I can't handel my liquor. :lol:

I have put mine to good use in a marinade for some lamb kebabs.

- Nandos Lemon & Herb
- Nandos Garlic
- White wine
- Honey
- Apple cider vinegar
- Olive oil
- Gourmet satchel of chilli puree

ingredients.jpg

kebabs.jpg

They were quite good eating, used about 1/3 from each Nandos bottle in the mix.

Back