• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Need Help IDing Yellow Pube After Squirrel Attack

Need help with this ol' yellow pube ID, if possible. As mwm has pointed out, there are a LOT of them. But I'm looking for general suggestions so I might be aware of more varieties and see if it'll match up to any once they are fully ripened.

Not a ton to go on, but here's my only picture of a ripe (bag ripened after a squirrel attack) one so far. This plant was planted out in March of 2012, and this is its first full flush of peppers, which started production about December of '12. These things take FOREVER to produce fruit. Only the second successful pube I've grown (I'm really new to them).

mShsEnx.jpg

Awwww dont blame me!

Look, man. No matter the futility of a particular fishing expedition, there is nothing worse than the guy that comes along and continually says, "You know you ain't gonna catch anything here."

If this is a discussion board for pepper IDs, then I don't understand the crapping on longshot IDs in order to CURB DISCUSSION. I mean, really.

Do you pop into every annuum thread that resembles a cayenne and say the same thing?

Sorry, but it just seems...it's just a downer. I don't come here to try and replicate input from my inlaws, or bad clients. This is my *hobby*. It's supposed to be a happy place that brings me joy. And generally it very much is.

You're a great moderator, but please, if there is a discussion going, let us continue it. When I used to run a race track, there were discussions EVERY DAY that were completely pointless and without definitive answer. But part of the beauty of folks that were enthusiasts getting together was the encouragement of community building and learning, even if the questions were novice, silly, or even stupid.

Never did i say stop. I was joining in on the discussion by saying there are way too many to pinpoint it and was actually pulling from my catalog of pubes when you removed the picture. Put the pic back up and lets continue this search.

If it is a hobby then dont take it so seriously and get upset or frustrated.

You're correct in your last sentence. I've had a long, hard day and I don't have the capacity to filter ATM.

But a piece of advice from someone that has studied communication (mass and interpersonal) as a career...

If you want to join a discussion, and are actually being proactive about pulling out your pubes for us, then by all means, PLEASE communicate that instead of leaving us with ZERO contextual clues that there is a proactive process happening behind the post.

In person, less is often more in a conversation. Online, that's almost never the case.

Your advice is well taken from me and I'll re-post the photo in the morning. I hope you likewise accept my constructive criticism.

Back