• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Need help on hot sauce history..please

Well guys,
they just got me as a presenter into the Metropolitan Cooking Show and talking about history about HOT SAUCES just befor the Paula Dean show...they choosed me because Texas Pete dropped the ball at the show.
NOW....anyone that has some good info on how hot sauces got into the market or any good info that i could talk about please PM me i would really appreciate.
Thanks,
Marco

http://www.metrocooking.com/program/presenters.html

Congrats, man! Looks like an excellent opportunity.

I love the history behind Blairs (some guy at the bar kept demanding his food be hotter and hotter, the end result was the Original Death sauce)

Kick some presenting butt and let the celeb cooks know I said "Sup?!"

I agree about the Tabasco site. there is a great book if you have time to get your hands on it - it's called Peppers by Amal Naj. if memory serves me correctly - he was a journo who took time out to travel around and write this book. it contains excellent history on the Tabasco sauce and the pepper itself. as most people know Tabasco it may be readily identified by the viewers.

break a leg!

Back