• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Need your Input Contest Giveaway

Game on, Go to the Fun Zone Forum. Good Luck

Spicy Chicken here,

This is just an Idea, not a contest yet!

Why? I have more then I need and would just like to share with others!

You're Input: Idea's or suggestions.

Good idea - bad idea - can't do this for policy reasons – change a rule.

Just don't be too hard on me.

I would like to have a giveaway: 2 lb's of dried hot peppers to the member/s who can guess the closest to or have the right answer/s) Plus free shipping to anywhere in the world; no string attached! (Only 1 stipulation for shipping economy.)

There are 2 jars of dried peppers in the pics below. It takes almost 3 of these jars to equal 2 lb's that's a lot of peppers.

Any member will be eligible (yes even you thehotpepper.com) to guess the number of pepper in those 2 jars. If 2 or more members guess the exact amount each will receive the full prize.

1 guess per member per day, start to end of contest, 7 days , potentially 7 guesses per member if they start guessing the first day.

The Prize:

1 lb mix of Caribbean red and orange Habaneros.

1 lb Supper Chili's.

Only 1 stipulation: any member outside of the USA will receive this prize as fresh ground powder; anyone within the USA will have the choice of Whole pods or freshly ground powder.

I will be looking for 2 upstanding member volunteers who will give up their eligibility to hold the exact count in the jars, keeping it honest and fare! If you would be willing to volunteer, please send me a pm. Thank you. (Only if this contest does not breach policy regulations)

Thank you for your input.

Keep it hot, Spicy Chicken

Contest_pic_001.jpg

Update: I have my volunteers. thank you

SC,
I don't know if there are any THP rules or policy about such contests,but I think its a great idea. For me,it demonstrates once again, the willingness of THP folks to share and give to one another.
And not only would the winner get some exceptional dried chile's, but those glass jars will make fine containers for making an "open crock" fermented mash, or maybe some Kim Chi,or pickles, or.....?

What happens if no one gets it right after 7 days?

I would like to have a giveaway: 2 lb's of dried hot peppers to the member/s who can guess the closest to or have the right answer/s) Plus free shipping to anywhere in the world; no string attached! (Only 1 stipulation for shipping economy.)

SC

Be looking forward to your guess :)

Sounds fun. But what is a supper chili?

Good question!

Its a glorified standard chili pepper.
1988 All-America Selections Winner! 85 days. Capsicum annuum. (F1) Plant produces high yields of 1 ½" long by ½" wide hot peppers. Peppers grow upright in clusters, are very hot, and turn from light green to red when mature. Plant has green stems, green leaves, and white flowers. Plant produces 3 times as many peppers than regular Chile peppers. Excellent when used in Thai, Szechwan, and Asian dishes

Super_Chili.jpg

I would see no reason why you couldn't do the contest. You would want to put it in the Industry Competitions, Contests, and Cookoffs section. Great idea!

Fun Zone
Jokes, games, and member contests.

Looks like you have a "GO!", SC! Sounds like fun, I'm gonna guess, already started calculating based on the first pic. :lol:

There was a mention of the jars. Perhaps specify if the jars are included to the winner or just the dried chiles.

Back