• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Needles First Grow Log (of sorts)

A bit of background.....
I make chilli jam and had been buying the super expensive here in Aus Coles Carolina Reaper pods to add to spice up the habanero base. I collected seeds from various pods to try my hand at growing them when time permitted.

Started late after noticing in Masters (local hardware/garden supplies store) the Chilli Factory "Pot n All" range.
Grabbed a TS Cardi Yellow as I had a spot in the garden it could go. Mentioned it to a few other chilli heads at work (a bunch of us bring in various sauces etc to try) and they also visited their local stores.

One store had Carolina Reapers, so I grabbed 2 of them and also added to the garden.
Since that time I found here :dance:  and have been catching the bug. None of the habanero seeds I put in the garden came up (so will be trying to grow more as recommended in future as i learn here).
Have some seeds in trays at present from various collected pods, although I have no idea on viability etc, so the seedlings may be it for this season.

In the meantime I have bought some Red and orange habanero plants, and a TS Chocolate. These were planted yesterday.

Below are pics of the new grow and I will track that closer. There are a couple of pics of various stages of the TS cardi and reapers but I had not thought of doing this so they are not the greatest.

Enjoying the journey so far. :P

Reapers at first pic time not too long after planting (far left and right at front of garden). Apologies for poor pics.

Reapers 2 weeks ago

Reapers now.

Thanks...

Weather has been patchy here. Sunny and nice one minute, then overcast the next.
Unseasonably cool at present, although likely to get hotter soon.

Thanks for the feedback.

The raised beds are purpose built products.
The beige ones are from Birdies Garden Products. The small green ines are a cheap supermarket product. But a good size.

Have ordered more seeds to expand the grow. This place is dangerous.
Will be adding the below based on various posts and opinions.
Bishops Crown
Aji Pineapple
Bahamian goat

Will post pics as things progress.
Hope it is not too late for this season.

January 7th Update :

First sprouts have appeared from Carolina Reapers and mystery habanero.

Hope to get hooks from the Red Bhut Jolikia and Naga Viper soon.

We have had a lot of rain, so the newly planted seedlings now all look quite sad.

Good news, is the first pods are starting to form on the Reapers and TS Cardi Yellow. :dance:

Not long until the first cayennes ripen.

My new seeds from JungleRain have not arrived yet, so no new plantings yet.

Good to see another 'pots n all' grower. 

You seem to have the same purple stems on your carolina reaper that mine have.  After a little research (very little), I think that's ok.

Great way to get started. Saw the plants in masters and grabbed the TS Cardi yellow. Then I found here...

Not sure which reapers they will be. Have you had pods yet?
I think they come originally from Hippy Seed Co seed stock and they have the ghost like version as well as the "normal" version.

I have sprouts of the Coles ones now too. They look like the thsc version to me. Will be good to see what they grow like. 2 have triple cotys which seems common in reapers.

Reapers getting their first Sun early this morning (with the the rocket and lettuce)

Needle99 said:
Great way to get started. Saw the plants in masters and grabbed the TS Cardi yellow. Then I found here...

Not sure which reapers they will be. Have you had pods yet?
I think they come originally from Hippy Seed Co seed stock and they have the ghost like version as well as the "normal" version.

I have sprouts of the Coles ones now too. They look like the thsc version to me. Will be good to see what they grow like. 2 have triple cotys which seems common in reapers.

Reapers getting their first Sun early this morning (with the the rocket and lettuce)

No pods on my reapers yet.  Still a while a way, I think.

My Grow Room ;)

This perspex panel lets a fair amount of light in during the day.

Pic inside while it was overcast outside

Early morning I am putting the sprouted seedlings out in the sun.

Update January 14.

Newly potted sprouts after a late night getting them all in last night

TS Cardi Yellow - Finger for a size perspective - bad picture though, about 6 pods on that plant going well

First Reaper Pods - Tiny but Already look violent

At least I know the Chilli Factory Pot n All Reaper is the HP22B variant, not the Hippy Seed Co Ghost variant.
Which is good, as I have sprouts from what I guess they are too. Will be good to compare. (or not)

Back