• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Needles First Grow Log (of sorts)

A bit of background.....
I make chilli jam and had been buying the super expensive here in Aus Coles Carolina Reaper pods to add to spice up the habanero base. I collected seeds from various pods to try my hand at growing them when time permitted.

Started late after noticing in Masters (local hardware/garden supplies store) the Chilli Factory "Pot n All" range.
Grabbed a TS Cardi Yellow as I had a spot in the garden it could go. Mentioned it to a few other chilli heads at work (a bunch of us bring in various sauces etc to try) and they also visited their local stores.

One store had Carolina Reapers, so I grabbed 2 of them and also added to the garden.
Since that time I found here :dance:  and have been catching the bug. None of the habanero seeds I put in the garden came up (so will be trying to grow more as recommended in future as i learn here).
Have some seeds in trays at present from various collected pods, although I have no idea on viability etc, so the seedlings may be it for this season.

In the meantime I have bought some Red and orange habanero plants, and a TS Chocolate. These were planted yesterday.

Below are pics of the new grow and I will track that closer. There are a couple of pics of various stages of the TS cardi and reapers but I had not thought of doing this so they are not the greatest.

Enjoying the journey so far. :P

Reapers at first pic time not too long after planting (far left and right at front of garden). Apologies for poor pics.

Reapers 2 weeks ago

Reapers now.

New Seedlings are starting to grow. Thanks again GIP for the seeds to make this possible
Aji Fantasy

Jays Red, and white Hab

7Pod Bubblegum

Ghost and White Fatali

Rocoto Sml Orange heirloom is stunted, hope it gets happier

Congo Trinidad Red starting to grow

Rocoto Ecquadorian Sweet

Bolsa de Dulce

Long Mild Cayenne

Mix of backup plants

Nice mix of plants and pods.

I'm seeing some yellowing of leaves on a few of those plants, could be in need of a feed with some ferts perhaps?

SR.

Nice haul, what do you plan to do with it all?

It just looks like a deficiency of some sort. You could try Blood & bone, Dynamic Lifter, or Epsom salts. I can also recommend Powerfeed liquid fertilizer in the red bottle. And yes, try not to overwater.

SR.

Not sure yet. I may try drying the reapers and cayennes, to make some powder.
The White habs were grown isolated for seed saving, so will probably bbq them tomorrow night.

Just back in from my fertilising expedition.
Another round of Seasol/Charlie Carp/Nitrosol over everything. Then a foliar spray of epsom salts.

I also added some of the Munns Chilli Bloom. So that should be some extra N as well. If in doubt add some of everything.This is my usual regimen. All learning so far, thanks for the recommendations.

Those bunnos raised beds are great. Good for chillis as well so their feet dont stay wet 24/7

My parents in law bought 4 of them.  They did a liner at bottom, layer of gravel to assist with drainage, then filled them up with good soil mix.
Everything they have grown in them has done well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like your selection too, instead of a million plants, you've stuck with a manageable number and focussed on good yields and quality.  And nice choices in there too.

turbotvl said:
Those bunnos raised beds are great. Good for chillis as well so their feet doing stay wet 24/7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"So their feet stay wet" Is that what you mean?

Back