New Beer Sunday

I thought we could have a new brew on Sunday's and put up a review of it. Who's with me? :beer:

Epic Brewing Company
Brown Rice Ale
22oz. Bomber
Exponential Series
1800 Bottles Produced
Release #2
$4.29 ea.

Pours a very clean/clear dark golden yellow color, nice carbonation, small fizzy off-white head, with some minimal sticky lacing left behind. The nose is malty, with a slight hop note. The taste is sweet, malty, nice little hop note, and some spicyness. Medium body, the finish is slightly bitter and dry. Drinkable, a uniquie brew with brown rice, a nice thirst quencher.

I'm in....but,

They don't sell beer here on Sunday. In fact, I live in a dry county and have to travel to where they don't sell beer on Sunday.

Yay me! :crazy:

You have nothing in the house, lol No excuse for next week. :beer: I thought this would be a good idea to expose people to the different styles of brews out there, and maybe in their own areas.

Cheers!

I love this idea. I just hope I get some ideas for beer that I can get HERE. Bowling Green has a few big liquor stores....but the exotic beer sections are a bit smaller than I'd like them to be. ;)

I tried the new limited edition Tripel at the Morgantown Brewing Company tonight. Very much what you'd expect from a Belgian-style Tripel, light in color, limited head, very fruity smell. High alcohol but you don't notice, I believe it was a 9%, but easily could pass for 4. Lots of clove and coriander taste with a bit of fruity aftertaste. All in all very good stuff.

A cloudy day here in Northern Utah, with the sun popping out once in awhile, about 88 degrees, and windy. Got the grill going today. My new brew for the day is from the local brewpub Squatters. Pretty tasty, and this one is at a reasonable price.

Squatters Brewpub
Big Cottonwood
American Amber Ale
ABV: 6.4%

22oz. Bomber

Bottled On: 7/8/2010

Pours a nice brown/amber color, nice carbonation, nice one-finger creamy off-white head, with some nice sticky lacing left behind. The nose is malty, with some hop notes, caramel. The taste is sweet, malty, slightly bitter, slightly hoppy, with a good dose of caramel. Medium body. Drinkable, a nice one for the style.

Anyone else with a new brew today?

Pretty nice day here, mid 70s, and sunny. Got the grill going with some pork chops, beef franks, jalapeno brats, also some homemade german potatoe salad. Today it's a pretty tasty brew after being aged for about 7 years. Still looking for an 00 and 01.

Coastal Extreme Brewing Co.
Newport Storm 03
Doppelbock
11.9% ABV

Poured into a chalice a nice dark brown color, some nice carbonation, little fizzy tan head, with minimal sticky lacing left behind. The nose is malty, with some very slight chocolate notes, slight spice, some raisins/figs/plums, and slight alcohol. The taste is malty, sweet, some chocolate notes, nice little touch of raisins/figs/plums, spice, nice little note of alcholo. Medium body. Drinkable, this one is still holding up pretty well for about 7 years. Glad to have gotten a chance to try it.

IMG_1208.jpg

3rd annual savannah craftbrew fest is tomorrow!!! i've gone all 3 years. they give you a six ounce glass at the door for 35 bucks. 40 booths 130 craftbrews from around the country. no limit unless you fall out! that little glass seems bigger after the first hour! no douglah test tonight. i'll need all my strength for mass consumption tomorrow! might try to do a short video.

Pretty nice day here, upper 70s, and sunny. Got the grill going with a FHB and some Nathan beef franks, and homemade german potaote salad. Today it's a pretty tasty brew aged for maybe a year.

New England Brewing Co.
Imperial Stout Trooper
Russian Imperial Stout
8.5% ABV

2009 Vintage
22oz. Bomber

Poured into a chalice a thick black color, nice carbonation, small tan head, with some oil slicks and sticky lacing left behind. The nose is malty, chocolate/toffee notes, roasted, slight vanilla. The taste is very nice, malty, nice touch of roastyness, and slightly vanilla (sweetness), lots of very nice chocolate/toffee notes. The finish is slightly dry, the alcohol is hidden very well. Full body. Very Drinkable, this is another awesome brew from New England Brewing. Highly Recommended.

IMG_1242.jpg

IMG_1244.jpg

Brewer: Bluegrass Brewing Co
Beer: Bourbon Barrel Stout

Stout, smells of a nice milk chcolate with minor vanilla undertones. Very smooth.

The taste starts with a distinct taste of coffee with a hint of vanilla. It's followed by an interesting alcohol flavor comparable to whiskey, which seems right for a barrel-aged beer. The end is slightly bitter and a tad watery. But the overall pallette is right-on.

I'd give it a 4/5. Excellent stout bought to save my soul from the depressing caused by watching The Last Exorcism. Good movie with an awful AWFUL ending.

IMG_20100905_212414.jpg

Well I got mine in a trade. This is a bomber, maybe just for the 2009 Vintage. I've had 2006 and 2008 and both were in 12oz. bottles. Always got them from someone in Mass, RI, area. :beer:

Cheers!

Got mine from a small market that sells a lot of microbrews. Came in a 4-pack. Which reminds me, I gotta go shopping again!

A very nice sunny lower 80s day here in Northern Utah. Today an awesome brew from one of my favorite brewery's, Grand Teton.

Sheep Eater Scotch Ale
ABV: 7.5%

750ml Bottle
Swing Top
2009 Vintage

Very nice POP upon opening. Poured into a chalice a very nice black color, nice carbonation, very nice thick creamy one-finger off-white head, with lots of oil slicks and sticky lacing left behind. The nose is malty, with some nice smoke/oak notes, slight chocolate, dark fruits. The taste is sweet, malty, nice smoke/oak notes, vanilla, slight hop note. Medium body, ABV is hidden very well. Very Drinkable, another awesome brew from GT. :beer: Anyone else with a new brew today?

Cheers!

IMG_1269.jpg

IMG_1270.jpg

Back