NEW Extreme Memberships

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL...I took a screenshot too for when the Boss tries to edit everything, and cover it up.

I had a thought here...and I bet 99% of you had it too...but I don't care so much about the added features for paid membership. I didn't even read what they were. All I saw, was THP...my favorite place in cyberspace...allowed me the opportunity to help support it financially. If there had been a donation drive, or auction...or whatever...still woulda ponied up some dough.

LOL...I took a screenshot too for when the Boss tries to edit everything, and cover it up.

I had a thought here...and I bet 99% of you had it too...but I don't care so much about the added features for paid membership. I didn't even read what they were. All I saw, was THP...my favorite place in cyberspace...allowed me the opportunity to help support it financially. If there had been a donation drive, or auction...or whatever...still woulda ponied up some dough.

Ditto... I honestly couldn't care less about another section for paying members only. However, this site has been a Godsend for me. I'm just glad that I can help THP in some way, since it has been an invaluable source of knowledge and a great place to meet generous and cool people who share my same passion.

Nice, the first thing that comes to mind when I hear extreme is that nitro truck full of douche-bros from harold and kumar. Now the wonderful world of THP shall fill that dark void with its excellence. Its nice to have an option to give back to the foundation of the community.

A novel idea, I'm in

Hi Boss THP....

I was happy to receive the invitation, like all other members were, to be part of the Extreme.
I opted for the Extreme Biz and I was very satisfied with my membership.
I believe that people who want more than what is freely given must pay an amount for it, and here we are part of this process.
But I ended up paying 100% of value.
How do we do now boss?
The plan can be for two years? Or will I be refunded the difference?

Thank you.
Tuca

I'll adjust it. Thanks for the purchase.

Completely agree, though I'd be lying if I said I didn't love my new banner.
:woohoo:

That gives me an idea fir a suggestion, boss: for those who aren't quite ready for extreme membership but want to show support, maybe put a "donations" topic in the new marketplace. $1, $5 - maybe give a FOTHP icon under the u-name (friends of THP)

Just a thought - were I a new member I'd surely donate something.
:cheers:

Another benefit I see...literally...is businesses. Now I can see who does what in this industry...no more guess work...no more..."hey...who was that guy/gal that has the..." It's all here!

Hey Boss...do ExMembers get banner-sigs too?

<edit> (non-Scovie-style) I posted a thread in Xtalk to introduce X-Biz's...so we can start a list of those we will consider supporting first. Not saying other biz's don't deserve it...just want to make sure first consideration goes out to those who support the community in an EXTREME fashion.

:DLOB:

It is affordable but don't feel forced. Just a note there's a monthly option. The yearly gives a price break for buying the lump sum, but the monthly may be more convenient and affordable.

I know, Sponge, but I make 45$ a week :P

Thanks boss, i'll probably get it when the CC option is fixed and when I get paid next week.

Paypal and CC are both working again.

Thanks for a successful launch of Extreme Memberships! 99.99% were excited and satisfied, I can't ask for more than that!

I will always be improving the site and memberships as well so there is more in store.

So can't wait til payday, this site has put more information in my head. I would love to support it. Thank you everyone and thank you Boss for making it.

I have mixed feelings about this. I definitely want to support the site, but I think my wife will have some objections when she sees it on our cc bill. But, at the same time, I bet I am missing out on some great info in the new sections. Decisions decisions... Lets see... 17.50... that is roughly 3 bottles of hot sauce... minus shipping of course. :-P

I will probably do it... but then it is the question of whether to ask for permission or forgiveness. :)

Any plans of making a trial membership possible so that we can try it out for 24 hours or so?

The trial membership would be choose Extreme Monthly and get one month, and explain $3.50 instead of $17.50 :P

But really no sense in a trial when you can see all the features. Seeing the posts in the private forums isn't really a trial of anything. Better to take advantage of the sale.

The trial membership would be choose Extreme Monthly and get one month, and explain $3.50 instead of $17.50 :P

But really no sense in a trial when you can see all the features. Seeing the posts in the private forums isn't really a trial of anything. Better to take advantage of the sale.

Makes sense. I must have missed the $3.50 option. Well, wish me luck. I am going to take advantage of the 50% off... :)

Enjoy the benefits! And thanks.

My pleasure. The local attachment feature alone is worth the cost. I don't like dealing with PB. Don't get me wrong, they offer a good service, but if I can simplify matters, I am all about it. I have posted a growing question in there... it will be interesting to see how many replies come through. I imagine it will be slow at first, but hopefully things pick up.

I must say though, I hope the 'member' growing and cooking sections remain pretty active, to draw in new chiliheads. I would hate to isolate the new members. There is another site I frequent that has an 'addicts' section. It is not for pay, but once you hit 500 or so posts, you have access to the section. It isn't so much for posting 'elite' questions, as it is for giving your input on member issues, site issues, suggestions, etc. I imagine that THP will have enough members not willing to pay for the extreme membership to keep the free forums going.

You run a great site THP. My membership was as much about supporting what you are doing here as it was to gain new features. I would hate to see this site go away. As I have stated before, my chili obsession usually tapers during the winter months... [not really sure why], but I will try to frequent the site even during those times. Perhaps this will be the catalyst I need to keep me eating extremely hot foods during those months as well. I make a pretty mean chili [beans-in], and it is approaching that time of year. I just need to find some good spicy turkey-day and Christmas recipes to keep me going. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back