New from Birmingham Alabama

I'm excited to find this site and look forward to speaking with you guys. I am working on developing a new food product (four varieties) but the one I need intel on is my Hot & Spicy version. Need to find out more about flavors and characteristics of 100K sco peppers. Currently using Thai but want to confirm if it's the best, ... or, is there another one even better.

Thanks.

Mike

I'll admit up front I'm not an expert - this is only my first year growing peppers, and my "vocabulary" is kind of limited, although I've eaten hot peppers on and off for many years now. But after being on this site for just over a month, I can tell you what you will likely find - everybody has their own definition of what pepper they think is "the best". My personal opinion is that peppers share this characteristic with wine - certain peppers tend to go with certain kinds of flavors better than others - I like some peppers better than others with fruits, for example. Also, some peppers have their own fruity flavor - you might consider this as either a compliment to or competing with whatever it is to be paired with, and so may prefer a more savory pepper instead. So it might be helpful to give us an idea of the direction you want to go with the pepper, flavor-wise.

I wish you well on your R&D!

G

Back