New gardener that loves growing peppers

Hey guys and gals. This season is my first season ever having a garden... It's helped me find peace after some bad things happened with the loss of our first child.

I have several pepper plants going... I'm still new at this but I'm sure I can learn a lot from this site. I bought very small plants that have really grown over the past month or so. I also have some bell and jalepeno's started from sprouts.

Here is my jalepeno plant. It's really been taking off in the past few days.

100_4352.JPG

Habanero plant... I'm not sure which one exactly (as with all of my peppers) but it was in pretty bad shape when I got it. It's growing really well now! I might pinch off the first set of buds.

100_4353.JPG

This is my favorite plant so far... Cayenne. It has one large pepper on it that I've been debating picking very soon... still researching to find out of I should. It too had a problem with flea beattles but has recovered very well.

100_4351.JPG

100_4335.JPG

That's all for now! I have more photo's of the rest of my plants here: http://www.justchil.net/gallery/v/andy/garden/6-15-09/. I couldn't post more than 4 images on this post.

Thanks! I don't plan on putting many peppers in the ground yet... the 5 gallon buckets seem to work great plus I can move them around if needed. Compared to what little I've seen on this site I am at the very first stages of my journey lol

Welcome from Lake Constance Germany!

I'm a dad myself and I don't even dare to imagine the feelings losing a child. The Lord be with you.

Welcome from Fort Worth...as you will see (If you haven't already), there are a lot of container gardeners on this site...

enjoy your stay..

Welcome from Pittsburgh!
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my Dad too soon and can definitely relate to the therapeutic value of spending all day up to your elbows in soil.

Welcome from Minnesota! Containers are a perfect way to grow!;) I hope you find peace in your loss. Gardening will help. There are some great people here to help!:cool:

Thanks for the kind words! This site looks awesome... everyone is so helpful!

I have a pretty good "normal" garden going... corn, squash, cucumber, tomato etc... peppers are the most fun out of the bunch. It's been a learning experience for sure! I also have a nice herb garden growing in my front yard but that's a whole different story.

I woke up this morning to check on everything... I had something strange in my Cayenne pepper plant... I'm honestly not sure what to think (good or bad?)

100_4357.JPG

Back