• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

New grower help with damaged leaves

Hello all.

I only just started growing my own last September (off season to start I know realise), and I have a few plants that are growing slowly. I repotted about 3 weeks ago and some of the leaves have since showed signs of damage. I imagine this is to be expected, ie torn leaves etc, however these leaves aren't torn. Some of them are effectively drying around the edges. I have attached some images from a Mustard Habenero.

I also have a problem with small flies. I say problem, I don't know that they are but they seem to be living in and amongst the chillies and annoy the crap out of me. I've tried adding a Venus fly trap but because they are so small it doesn't really seem to make a difference.

Any ideas as to this?

P1010651.jpg

P1010652.jpg

Also I've notices one or two leaves become discoloured as can be seen highlighted below. Any ideas on what causes that or is that natural?

P1010657.jpg

To post pictures you must first host them on another web site, like flickr or photobucket. Once you have uploaded your pictures to a photo hosting web site, copy the image code and paste it into your posts. then we can see the pictures.

i can only comment on the discolouring of the leaves.. its fine according to many i have spoken with.. i wouldnt worry about it... some of my leaves eventually went green again...

graphi1762.jpg
This looks like algae. Do the plants have air circulation? Are you spraying them? (not that there's anything wrong with that) The large plant looks like it's getting better.
Dark leaves are ok.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I'm not spraying them. I've got lots of electrical equipment near by as I'm growing them indoors. If it is algea how would one get rid of it, or does it just run it's own course?

They could be drying around the edges after you repotted them...maybe some root damage???? I think they should be ok!
Grant

you can use hydrogen peroxide to help with the algae at a rate of 1Tbsp per gallon...but be aware that the peroxide will also knock down your beneficial soil microbes too...

Back