New Grower NJ

Hello guys

Me and my wife just relocated back to NJ from Miami, and we cannot find scotch bonnet peppers anywhere. I stumbled across this page looking for seeds to maybe send home to her mom to grow or possibly grow myself. I have no idea what I'm doing so I have two questions: Summer is approaching but i don't know how long plants take to mature, so is indoor growth possible? Where do I get good seeds or seedlings from to maybe grow myself or send home to mom? And what other peppers do you suggest with great flavor like scotch bonnet but also great heat? Any help would be appreciated....and Thanx in advance.

A Cold Chile Head

Welcome!
check this link out :
http://www.chileplants.com/search.asp?CategoryID=1&HeatID=&TypeID=&UseID=&Color=&FleshID=&LengthID=&WidthID=&OrientationID=&FoliageID=&HeightID=&SeasonID=&Location=&SpeciesCode=&StockStatusID=&Keyword=scotch+bonnet&Search=True&SearchMode=simple&SearchButton=

This is for Cross Country Nurseries in NJ.
Highly recommended.

Hey guys. Thanks for the welcomes. Colorado thanks for the link. I actually just ordered a couple plants and shipped to Miami for mom.

Hey howdy from Florida!! :welcome:

Moved from Florida TO Jersey? You're going the wrong way!! LOL

Anyways, ditto on CCN... they are up your way and send out some nice plants :) G'luck on the grow!

I forgot to recommend trying any of the 7 pot. Good heat with some unique flavors. I've been eating Bhut's for heat but have really enjoyed the 7 pot strains lately.
A 7 pot yellow brain strain I revieved recently added a great citrusy flavor to a balti chicken dish I made...
Try anything you can get your hands on, the only real way to know...

Thanks for the love guys. Yea Bill I know. Gotta wait for the job market to pick back up in Florida. I Definitely plan on making my way back. Me and wife are Rutgers Grad so Jersey is still kinda home :-(. Colorado thanks for your suggestions. Just changed my order to include all 7 pot options. On the website it just says 7 Pot yellow. Is that the same as the Yellow brain you're referring to?

The yellow 7 pot CCN offers is different from the brain strain I spoke of.
It's a variation of the 7 pot. The texture of the skin resembles a brain, wrinkled as opposed to normally smooth. Tastes can vary as well.
Below is a 7 Pot Red Brain Strain.
Below that is a 7pot Yellow Brain Strain.
I don't have any personal photos of regular 7 pots but you can see the wrinkle of the brains..
IMG_2995.jpg

IMG_3004.jpg

Grew up in Jersey,,, best of luck on your return to the garden state.

Back