• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense New habanero "RED MAYAN"

Hello to all, I present a new variety of Havanero "RED MAYAN", who willbe ready in 2009, at this moment is clone, for part of the government and private companies. in next months the Yucatan Havanans would count on denomination of origin.

it owns an intense aroma and an extraordinary perfumed flavor. the degree of sharp is arround 350,000.scoville.

but the most interesting characteristic is that he is immune to the virus, and extremely resistant to fungi and bacteria, reason why is ideal for organic cultures, since does not need pesticides. As well as a life in shelf extremely releases and a waxiness texture.

greetings.

Yanick

That is very nice if is resistant to all that that mean this type Habanero will be one of kind pepper worry free have healthy plant all year long don't worry about anything, like to try few seeds of those what ever are available in the future.

MAYAFLOR said:
Hello to all, I present a new variety of Havanero "RED MAYAN", who willbe ready in 2009, at this moment is clone, for part of the government and private companies. in next months the Yucatan Havanans would count on denomination of origin.

it owns an intense aroma and an extraordinary perfumed flavor. the degree of sharp is arround 350,000.scoville.

but the most interesting characteristic is that he is immune to the virus, and extremely resistant to fungi and bacteria, reason why is ideal for organic cultures, since does not need pesticides. As well as a life in shelf extremely releases and a waxiness texture.

greetings.

Yanick

So has been gentically modified by a private firm MAYAFLOR ? :)

This variety was obtained from unit of an isolated population, have not been modified genetically, at the moment I make hibrids with jolokias. this is not a variety mine, reason why until it is released commercially by the proprietors I cannot interchange it.

I do not believe that he is resistant to the aphids,perhaps when continuing evolving the varieties, is a resistant one to the aphids,after all the plants have his own evolutionary plan, very advanced, being associated with us these have been able to evolve by the fast way million years, is enough to see all we for example allowing ours plants creating new varieties.

the plants can be communicated to each other, by means of chemical substances, same by which they even can recognize to us. this communication until now this beginning to discover, the same serves to them for example if to a plant is attacked by some plague releases a chemist with a specific message of alert which receives the neighboring plants and increases their lines of defense like increasing their toxicity.

Thank you MAYAFLOR that is very interesting indeed and from a isolated population to and i see you have been creating some jolokia hybrids to..please keep us up to date :)

Back