• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

New member of the family

2cqi2bo.jpg

:P

I simply cannot wait to take a buck down with it.

I am so ready for deer season! Bow season starts reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll soon!

Deer Hunting

2014-2015
DEER SEASONS
SEASONS
DATES
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Archery**
Statewide
Sept. 1 – Jan. 31
Hunters may use archery equipment during the muzzleloader, shotgun and handgun seasons provided they wear at least 400 square inches of hunter orange material displayed on the head chest, and back.
Crossbow**
Statewide
Sept. 1 – Jan. 31
Hunters may use crossbow equipment during the muzzleloader, shotgun and handgun seasons provided they wear at least 400 square inches of hunter orange material displayed on the head, chest, and back
Muzzleloader
Statewide
Oct. 10 – 18
Jan. 26 – 31
Muzzleloaders may be equipped with scopes.

Very nice! Best get some good optics real soon, and sight her in. Yep, counting the days to opener myself. If it don't cool down soon things won't be looking so good out here. Got two tags that will at least get me into November. 

Wish we could use centerfire rifles in our county during regular season.

However during the summer "nuisance" season its no holds barred and some fun is had with the black guns and long range toys. But the ticks suck when dragging and cleaning.

Nikons are good glass, own a few. Bushnell has stepped up on their higher end stuff and can't go wrong with Nightforce.

I have a Nikon Prostaff on my deer rifle, and it's been great. The next couple deer seasons are going to be slim pickins around here though due to the nasty winter we had. Record low temps and deep snow was bad for the deer and good for the wolves. Zones where you could take 5 deer last year are now buck only etc. Maybe I'll go wolf hunting this year instead...

I've been teased by some pretty big bucks all summer here. I think it will be a good season. It's been the wettest and coolest summer I've seen in my whole life. Idk how that will affect them..

Pepperjack91 said:
I've been teased by some pretty big bucks all summer here. I think it will be a good season. It's been the wettest and coolest summer I've seen in my whole life. Idk how that will affect them..
I am hoping the acorn trees have loved the weather....time will tell!

ah yes the 308 Winchester a poisonous pill for dear and other large game right next to the 3006 Springfield which I love very much
good choice
it would be cool if they made an AR in 3006 im sure it can be done ;)
thanks your friend Joe

sicman said:
you'll shoot your eye out kid

Red-Ryder-AK-47-Ralphie.gif
and with this everyone else's as well LOL :rofl:

Back