I am new to this forum and am just starting to grow some of the super hot peppers. I am looking for useful information on proper growing techniques. As of now I am 1 1/2 months into my second year of growing, I have some Butch T's , trinidad scorpions Jolokia's , Red 7 pods and a couple of others. I have built my own hot box with lights. The soil is a constant 81 degrees lighting is100 watts, 4000 lumens at 6500 kv. my seeds have all germinated and are starting to form thier first real leaves. Any suggestions on fertilizing and care would be appreciated. Right now soil ph is 5.5 Thanks. Corene.

Hey Corene, :welcome: to THP from Oregon!

Looks like you have everything under control;
good luck this season!

Hey Corene, :welcome: to THP from Oregon!

Looks like you have everything under control;
good luck this season!
Still unsure about how much water and moisture content I should keep in the containers, I don't want the roots to good bad. Right now I am watering with distilled water mixed at 5 to1 with chamomile tea. The plants are in containers with the soil being a blend of miracle grow organic mixed with worm castings and a touch of bonemill. I started them in 5"X5" inch pots so I wouldn't have to disturb the roots till I put them in the big pots in a couple months when we get our warm weather

Back