New near Philly

Hello, All!

I'm a transplant from Kansas City who's now in the Philly area and I want to grow hot peppers. I was a USAF wife back in the 80s, and was stationed in Guam. When I left there, I tried to bring some boonie peppers back to the states, but they got confiscated by customs right off the bat! Big bummer, especially because before I left for the airport, I actually went to the jungle and picked the damned things right off the bush and filled a plastic container full of them. That in itself is really no big deal, because Guam is mostly "boonies", therefore getting there wasn't an issue. The issue was that they were so small, it took a LOT of them to fill up the container. That, and they were hot to handle. And it's hot and humid and buggy in the boonies. So, having my cherished peppers stripped from my burning, sweaty, bug-bitten hands made me sad :-( Since then, I've always wished I had some, but gave up hope of ever having any again. Right now, I don't have anything to trade, as I'm just starting out. But....if someone out there who has seeds for trade would keep me in mind for when I do, that'd be cool. Sorry for the novel.

Welcome from Southfield Michigan.

May You Soul Rest In Peppers

HERE

4386562877_0488df8fc1.jpg

NJA

Greetings and Salutations from a few miles West of you!
Your story is quite sad of how you for your goonies got confiscated :( At least you found the best pepper website and I'm sure there's someone here that can get you some seeds to start your own here.

Welcome from another neighbor. I will be glad to share my seeds with you in a few weeks after harvest.

Welcome from another neighbor. I will be glad to share my seeds with you in a few weeks after harvest.
[/quote

Woah! For real? Thanks, JayT, for the welcome AND for your generosity! Dang! I can hardly WAIT to grow 'em!

Again, thanks for the welcomes everyone!

Howdy, from Tejas by way of Ohio!

Ouch about the peppers! But I'm sure everyone on this site can bring you back up to speed in no time at all.

I'm recruiting newbies to join in the September throwdown - a friendly, informal cookoff between chile lovers - sounds like you might have some interesting dishes to share with us! September's Throwdown is for beefless burgers. We're having an uber-informal newbies vs. oldies and we'd love to see you join in - the more the merrier! Join the pre-throwdown smack --> go to the Throwdown Discussion forum, then choose the Throwdown Sticky thread - get your game on!

G

Back