auction NEW THINGS ADDED -----> GIP'S FUNDRAISING AUCTION IS STILL GOING, AND GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keybrdkid said:

Sorry I dont know much about bidding on SFRB or MFRB. Fill free to offer a minimum suggested price and I may adjust my bid accordingly. I went with what I saw on the forum ads as a gauge for a suggested bid price. 

Your bid is appreciated and nothing wrong with it! I started my auction at $1. ;) Walchit is just adding some humor not making fun of your actual bid amount. 

The Hot Pepper said:

Your bid is appreciated and nothing wrong with it! I started my auction at $1. ;) Walchit is just adding some humor not making fun of your actual bid amount. 

oh I see. Humor hehe.

I actually didnt know if it was a lowball bid or not. When I was bidding on bhuter's for example I was at least trying to match or slightly exceed market value since they were a donation. But sometimes the market value was difficult to determine so i took the mean average.

In this case, I figured 15 was in the ballpark for SRFB based on what I read. 

I can be very literal in my thinking sometimes. ;).

Sorry, after I posted it I started to worry that it would be taken wrong. I didnt mean that at all. Id say as long as it is over the 8 bucks for shipping then it is a wonderful bid to help out. But even at 1 dollar I will still ship the pods. Sorry again for my not so funny joke, and thank you very much for the bid, it is greatly appreciated. My bhuthead sense of humor doesnt translate well to text sometimes.

Walchit said:
Sorry, after I posted it I started to worry that it would be taken wrong. I didnt mean that at all. Id say as long as it is over the 8 bucks for shipping then it is a wonderful bid to help out. But even at 1 dollar I will still ship the pods. Sorry again for my not so funny joke, and thank you very much for the bid, it is greatly appreciated. My bhuthead sense of humor doesnt translate well to text sometimes.

How about I raise my official bid to $25.00 USD, with the knowledge that I'm also paying a 4-5 dollar conversion fee to send the money to Shorerider in AUD. Which would make my actually incurred cost roughly $30.00 USD.

The Hot Pepper said:

So you ARE Crazy!!! Crazy Kind!

monkey.gif

I blame my parents.

keybrdkid said:

How about I raise my official bid to $25.00 USD, with the knowledge that I'm also paying a 4-5 dollar conversion fee to send the money to Shorerider in AUD. Which would make my actually incurred cost roughly $30.00 USD.

Is this correct?  A 4 or 5 dollar conversion fee has to be paid to send the money to Australia?  

We will go ahead and let this auction run until noon Sunday if thats ok with everyone. I do have a few kinds of smoked powder and some seeds to add, but here are the sauces for now.

Box #3

I didnt go to kc so here is some stuff available to me in Topeka. I think the mustard says its from Ohio, but the other 3 are from Wichita and Kansas City.

Also included will be the 2018 vintage Bhuthead Andy`s sauce. I used a cheap ph meter when I made these, so definitely consume at your own risk. If nothing else maybe I will become a famous hot sauve producer one day and you can have some of the first bottles ever made! (there is some more of that humor that might not come through in text)
I don't have labels for the ol' yeller, or the Ekwensu Ocha(White Devil) because I'm lazy and the laptop with Photoshop doesnt work that great anymore. I saved 2-3 bottles out of all of these batches when I made them, and figured GIP was worthy of raiding my stash.

This thread is the epitome of PPATB, and I dont have a ton of spare cash to throw around at the moment, so I figured I would do my best to help out. Thank you to everyone involved.
Minimum bid $1 on this one too I suppose, and I will cover shipping as well.

stettoman said:

Mine was over $11, and worth every penny AFAIC. If I was buying something I might make a noise, but this is to help the family of a friend lost.

OK, now I added my $0.02 as well.... ;)

Thats interesting. Apparently that implies that Paypal uses a sliding scale for foreign transactions. So the more money you spend the more money they charge...?  Or is it just a set percentage and since your percentage was larger than mine you paid more.  Good to know at any rate for the future. I would still use Paypal, because it is a system I am familiar with. And I didnt mind paying the extra as it was for a good cause. Saved me the trouble of finding a currency office to send the proper dollars. 

Tybo said:

Is this correct?  A 4 or 5 dollar conversion fee has to be paid to send the money to Australia?  

let me rephrase. It is apparently a sliding scale based on the amount you send according to what Stettoman's cost implied. So in my case, I  paid 4-5 to send 100$ USD and convert it to AUD. In the case of the SRFB I just bid on, that likely means I will pay less than that for that transaction, assuming I win it. Sorry if I misspoke.

Walchit said:
We will go ahead and let this auction run until noon Sunday if thats ok with everyone. I do have a few kinds of smoked powder and some seeds to add, but here are the sauces for now.

Box #3

I didnt go to kc so here is some stuff available to me in Topeka. I think the mustard says its from Ohio, but the other 3 are from Wichita and Kansas City.

Also included will be the 2018 vintage Bhuthead Andy`s sauce. I used a cheap ph meter when I made these, so definitely consume at your own risk. If nothing else maybe I will become a famous hot sauve producer one day and you can have some of the first bottles ever made! (there is some more of that humor that might not come through in text)
I don't have labels for the ol' yeller, or the Ekwensu Ocha(White Devil) because I'm lazy and the laptop with Photoshop doesnt work that great anymore. I saved 2-3 bottles out of all of these batches when I made them, and figured GIP was worthy of raiding my stash.

This thread is the epitome of PPATB, and I dont have a ton of spare cash to throw around at the moment, so I figured I would do my best to help out. Thank you to everyone involved.
Minimum bid $1 on this one too I suppose, and I will cover shipping as well.

$1
troll.jpg

keybrdkid said:

let me rephrase. It is apparently a sliding scale based on the amount you send according to what Stettoman's cost implied. So in my case, I  paid 4-5 to send 100$ USD and convert it to AUD. In the case of the SRFB I just bid on, that likely means I will pay less than that for that transaction. Sorry if I misspoke.

Yeah, it caught me too, considering I used "send to friend", which according to them incurs no transaction fees....

...but.... :liar:

They gone make they's money, one way or one....

Back