auction NEW THINGS ADDED -----> GIP'S FUNDRAISING AUCTION IS STILL GOING, AND GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shorerider

Staff Member
Extreme Member
GIP'S FUNDRAISING AUCTION.

As most of you are already aware, we recently lost a great member of our family. Guatemalan Insanity Pepper or GIP as he was more commonly known here was an asset to our community, and a great friend to many. He gave his advice freely to members, was a very knowledgeable gardener, entered his dishes in Throwdowns (and won), shared many laughs, and had a knack for finding a meme for just about anything.

So, with his passing, I feel it is only fitting that as a community we come together and give back some of his generosity and kindness to those he leaves behind. Many of you may not know that GIP's wife Nicci played a big role in his life and his presence here on THP. She often tended to his many pepper plants, took countless photos, harvested peppers, and posted many of the care packages GIP sent out to name a few things.

Donations - Any members who would like to help can also make a donation, simply post your donation below and I will add your donation to this post. I will confirm the payment method once it is finalised. Donations can be anonymous if need be.

Auction items - Members can also offer items that will be auctioned off, with all proceeds going to Nicci. Post any items you would like to contribute below and I will add your auction items to this post.

So, if you can in any way give back to GIP, please reply below and I will edit this post as items and donations are added.

Payment details will be given by me via PM and auction items will only be cleared for shipment once the payment has been received. If you are the winning bidder, please PM me for payment details. 

Donations:

SHORERIDER - AU$500
SALSALADY - US$100 (includes FREE Extreme Biz membership provided by THP)

Auction items:

1. THP - 3 years Extreme, or 1 year at Extreme Biz if you are a business. (Around $100 value each)
AUCTION ENDS - Saturday 10/3 at 6pm PST

Auction winner - AHAYASTANI  US$100

2. RAWKSTAH - Small flat rate box of sugar rush cream peppers (rounder pheno), to the highest bidder (US only). The seeds were from GIP.
AUCTION ENDS - Sunday night at 10 PM Central time.

Auction winner- HOGLEG US$60

3. BHUTER
jqhPatw.jpg

- Global Sauce collection containing sauces/items from 4 different countries. WarrantMan’s "Partial Docket" :
- 4 of his sauces without Arson Salt. From South Carolina, USA.
- Carolina Reaper Ultra Hot Sauce containing 94% Reapers. From Hungary
- ChiliMafia Virgin Naga Pickle from the United Kingdom
- Culley’s Carolina Reaper Chipotle Hot Sauce. From Australia
- Pure Evil 1.5mil Capsaicin Drops. From Washington, USA
AUCTION ENDS - Saturday 10/3 at 10pm PST

Auction winner - KEYBRDKID US$100

4. HOGLEG
PTQiVsH.jpg

- Mixed case of LDHS
Auction ends Saturday 10/3 at 6pm PST

US only please

Case will contain one each of the following
Dia del Pero
Year of the Dog
Heat's a Peach
El Pero AFortunado
White Label
Pink label
Red label
Green label
Black label
Brown label
Black label reserve (Heatonist Exclusive)
Hell Hound

Auction winner - STETTOMAN US$200

5. SMOKENFIRE
uaS7VlH.jpg

TWO three packs of Dee Roo sauces to the cause, shipped anywhere in the US.

Three pack #1 winner - HOGLEG - US$60
Three pack #2 winner - CRAZY MONKEY - $60

6. SICMAN
SFRB of chocolate moruga/douglah cross sent out Monday morning to highest bidder. US only
AUCTION ENDS - Sunday night at 10 PM (GMT-4).

Auction winner - CRAZY MONKEY - $50

7. SALSA LADY
EQDDeTT.jpg

- Reap-Pression  Carolina Reaper XX-hot  Parson's Meadow Farm NH
- Texas Creek Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- PexPeppers Cherry Popper- Carolina Reaper and Cherry hot sauce
- Pure Evil 1.5mil SHU Capsaicin Drops
- Texas Creek GhostFire Hot Sauce
- Texas Creek Spicy Steak Sauce
- PLUS 1 YR EXTREME MEMBERSHIP

INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING COVERED!

AUCTION ENDS- Friday October 9th, 9:00pm Pacific time.

Auction winner - CRAZY MONKEY - $150

8. HARRY DANGLER
bms2snx.jpg

I'd like to auction a taste of Kansas City BBQ Sauce 4 pack.

- 1 bottle of Fiorella's Jack Stack Spicy
- 1 bottle of Meat Mitch
- 1 bottle of Johnny's Hot
- 1 bottle of Haywards Pit (our all time favorite)
All of these are great sauces.

AUCTION ENDS - 11 October - 8:00 PM Central.

Winner- SOBELRI $60

9. HARRY DANGLER - SFRB of Mixed Superhots
You can go to his glog, message him, or do a search for Dangler to see pod pics. 

AUCTION ENDS - 18th of October 8:00 PM Central.

Highest bidder - EDAXFLAMMA $30

10. THE HOT PEPPER
zfYaqgo.jpg

Personal stash time, so you know it's good!
Dragon Lot
The Dragon Lot consists of:
  • Baxter's Original (New Zealand) Dragons Breath BBQ Sauce - This stuff is awesome! 
  • Meet your Cremator - DD's Dragon in Heat Garlic & Ginger - IMO this stuff is made for Indian, Thai, and pan-Asian cuisine. You'll love it on noodles, fried apps, even dim sum.
  • Mystery Dragon Powder - There's a small spice vial atop the hot sauce. No idea what it is! ;)
  • Extreme Membership new or renewal - Stop dragon' your feet on getting that membership!  :lol: PUNNY!

Bidding starts at $1, will ship at auction close upon verified donation payment!
ENDS in 24 hours from timestamp.

:fire:
Winner- CRAZY MONKEY $50

11. WALCHIT 
ZUJnAa1.jpg

Box 1 - About half growdown fatalii, 1 bbg pumpkin, some hinklehatz, shishito?, peach bonnet scorpion cross, sherwoods carbonero cream, chocolate variation of bhuters cinder, off pheno starrburst, and red umorok variant from jedisushi.

AUCTION ENDS - Noon Central time tommorrow, October 15

Auction winner - KEYBRDKID $25

12. WALCHIT
yCC4tfY.jpg

Box 2 - Two different off phenos of lemon starrburst, chocolate cinder, peach bonnet scorpion cross, hinklehatz,red umorok variant, sherwoods carbonero cream, haskorea, bbg pumpkin.

AUCTION ENDS - Noon Central time tommorrow, October 15

Auction winner - CRAZY MONKEY $30

13. WALCHIT

- Box 3 
uZm4dex.jpg

I didnt go to kc so here is some stuff available to me in Topeka. I think the mustard says its from Ohio, but the other 3 are from Wichita and Kansas City.
wfl7ezR.jpg

Also included will be the 2018 vintage Bhuthead Andy`s sauce. I used a cheap ph meter when I made these, so definitely consume at your own risk. If nothing else maybe I will become a famous hot sauve producer one day and you can have some of the first bottles ever made! (there is some more of that humor that might not come through in text)
I don't have labels for the ol' yeller, or the Ekwensu Ocha(White Devil) because I'm lazy and the laptop with Photoshop doesnt work that great anymore. I saved 2-3 bottles out of all of these batches when I made them, and figured GIP was worthy of raiding my stash.
Lm4qqM3.jpg

Minimum bid $1 on this one too I suppose, and I will cover shipping as well.

AUCTION ENDS- Noon on Sunday

Auction winner - MASHER $175

14. THE HOT PEPPER

I have one more thing to auction off. It's the Extreme Biz membership level. It is designed for businesses only, so if you are in the hot sauce biz, you may want to bid! If you are already Extreme you would be upgraded and the time left on your Extreme would be added. If you are already Biz it would be a 1 year extension.

I would like to point out that when we upgrade the site in a few weeks, more features will be added for Biz members.

It currently sells for $100 a year, but I would be happy to start this off at $10, and if is ends at $10, I would also be happy. Every little but counts for GIP's fam! Thank you!
Ends in 24 hrs from timestamp!

AUCTION ENDS - 24hrs from THP's post.

Auction winner - CRAZY MONKEY $68

Thank you in advance for any contribution, big or small, you are able to make. 

-SR  :metal:

I have edited the post to hopefully clear up any confusion. Finding the best donation method has proven to be difficult as it may not suit everyone. I'm working on this and will get back with something shortly. In the meantime, post your donation below and I'll edit the original post.

Some people may want to donate anonymously or have the amount anonymous. You'd be best with a system that handles all this like gofundme even though they take a small fee it's the price to pay for such things.

I can donate a collection of unopened sauces for auction.

This Global Sauce collection contains sauces/items from 4 different countries.

GeJQo70.jpg

Reggie WarrantMan’s Partial Docket (my quotation marks won’t post): 4 of his sauces without Arson Salt. From South Carolina, USA.
Carolina Reaper Ultra Hot Sauce containing 94% Reapers. From Hungary
ChiliMafia Virgin Naga Pickle. From United Kingdom
Culley’s Carolina Reaper Chipotle Hot Sauce. From Australia
Pure Evil 1.5mil Capsaicin Drops. From Washington, USA

Shorerider said:
I have edited the post to hopefully clear up any confusion. Finding the best donation method has proven to be difficult as it may not suit everyone. I'm working on this and will get back with something shortly. In the meantime, post your donation below and I'll edit the original post.
Hi, Paul.
For the donated auction items, who covers the shipping to the auction winner?

WarrantMan said:
Bhuter,

If you are gonna make the donation, I will stand down on my offering, cover your charges and instead make an anonymous cash donation. Win win! Just let me know the expense. I will gladly cover it.
:cheers:

Reggie
Oh wow! Sounds fantastic! Then the winner won’t have to worry about the shipping!
Thank you very much, Reggie!
It all fits in a MFRB, so if it’s within the USA (not sure of the auction boundaries), $15 should cover it.
I really appreciate it......dollar bills are hard to come by.

Post Script:
I’m sorry for stealing your thunder, Reggie. I just got excited because your post gave me the idea.
Also, I love the Clearly Guilty extending recipe on your site!

Thanks again!

I am honored indeed. Just glad to play some small part to recognize one helluva dude.

Many more here on THP without a doubt, knew Andrew much better than I. But, he was very kind and generous to me in spite of his ongoing difficulties. I don't let those who wrong me fade away easily, and most certainly I never forget those who do me right. He was one of those guys I will not forget. My safe holds a small "token" he sent me (a hobo nickel) to be exact, that may not hold any value for many, but for me, especially now, it is priceless. Several other things adorn my home in open view. I cherish the moment I am able to "tell the story" to visitors.

I also give credence to him for his powders and salts, neither had I tried before and became a fan of both. I've got only a tad of the smoked serrano powder left, found it to be the greatest thing ever on buttered corn-on-the-cob. Yeah, I've now looked at the container for some time. Sits atop my stove with me other "go-to" stuff. Debated on whether to save it or eat it. I could be wrong, but my guess is he would say "eat it." Eat it I will. And when I do, I will enjoy the hell out of it. It was made by, sent to me with all efforts and costs borne by a selfless man who wanted me to have it. 

I wish I were there to hear the words spoken at his funeral. In the difficulties of the Covid crisis, I have little doubt that he was deeply loved by many and some braved hurdles to come tell their story.

This may not be the thread to say such stuff, but here I am at this moment in time.

GIP was a "real dude" a stand up generous guy. Had a great sense of humor as well as a caring streak that I can attest.

Got a little bit extra? Give a little bit.

"But for the grace of God go I."

Cheers dude!  :cheers:      Metal still beats rap any day!

Up for auction mixed case LDHS 

Auction ends Saturday 10/3 at 6pm PST

US only please

Case will contain one each of the following
Dia del Pero
Year of the Dog
Heat's a Peach
El Pero AFortunado
White Label
Pink label
Red label
Green label
Black label
Brown label
Black label reserve (Heatonist Exclusive)
Hell Hound

eHubipW.jpg

Hi guys, Shore said we're still waiting on confirmations for the preferred donation method.  However I have a plant loaded with pods and I'd like to start the auction now and let it run until Sunday night at 10 PM Central time.  I'll pick the pods monday and ship them out that same day.  They are sugar rush cream peppers! I'll cover shipping so everything from the auction is going to Nicci.  

Its late now and I just finished cooking dinner so I'll post some pictures of the pods I have already harvest for myself tomorrow (again the pods I will shipped will be picked the day I ship them)

Ready. Set. Go.

P.S. 
Here's a song GIP introduced me to years ago. I loved it and maybe you will to. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmHeu9An16o

Like many of you, Andrews Smoked Serrano powder is at the front of my spice shelf and pretty much an empty bottle. I intend a memorial grow of Serranos next season, and if I can find his "process", ie. smoke wood choice, etc., I would love to be part of a "GIP's SSP" tradition, to keep his spirit alive at THP.

I also want to make a cash donation, has a GoFundMe or other been established? Perhaps someone willing to take PPal donations?

GIP really liked my jellies and incorporated them into more than one recipe. He had a way of making folks feel like the best at what they did.

stettoman said:
Like many of you, Andrews Smoked Serrano powder is at the front of my spice shelf and pretty much an empty bottle. I intend a memorial grow of Serranos next season, and if I can find his "process", ie. smoke wood choice, etc., I would love to be part of a "GIP's SSP" tradition, to keep his spirit alive at THP.

I also want to make a cash donation, has a GoFundMe or other been established? Perhaps someone willing to take PPal donations?

GIP really liked my jellies and incorporated them into more than one recipe. He had a way of making folks feel like the best at what they did.
I believe someone has his recipe I will try to track it down for you.

Still nothing confirmed for donation route. That is Shore's department for now. If there is to be a gofundme, I offered to set it up, just waiting to make sure that is what is wanted.

Back