• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Newbie to hot peppers and full of Q's...

Those are some sad looking plants my friend. I would pinch every bud that grew and let them concentrate on getting some size. The Bhut plants I've grown have all exceeded three feet with some getting to four feet tall. You can grow year round there I assume? You could grow some monster Bhut's. Love to see that.

Also a favor to ask about your pics, could you downsize them to under 700mb on each side? Large pics just kill the folks on dial up.

Best of luck to you.

Sorry about the size I can't adjust them because I'm posting straight from my iPhone. I know they are sad looking. Probably due to the fact that those were the first seeds I have ever planted in my life. I'm sure seasoned agricultural experts have more asthetically pleasing plants.

@Sliver Surfer: I don't see bugs tho...?

Oh and that bhut plant germinated in late Feb...isn't that on par with size for only being a little over 2 months old??

Wait wait I take that back... I see bugs. I don't know what they are but they resemble ants except very small....WTF are these??? Now that you mention it, there's a s*#t load of them?!?

patrick said:
Those are some sad looking plants my friend. I would pinch every bud that grew and let them concentrate on getting some size. The Bhut plants I've grown have all exceeded three feet with some getting to four feet tall. You can grow year round there I assume? You could grow some monster Bhut's. Love to see that.

Also a favor to ask about your pics, could you downsize them to under 700mb on each side? Large pics just kill the folks on dial up.

Best of luck to you.

+1

+1 for the pyrethrin if you have bugs.
Sprayed neem on my plants a few times and didn't faze the aphids. Pyrethrin tore them a new cornhole.

patrick said:

Best of luck to you.

Patrick I could show you a few pics that are so horrific they would make his plant look like a prize winner lol

DarkTrak said:
Wait wait I take that back... I see bugs. I don't know what they are but they resemble ants except very small....WTF are these??? Now that you mention it, there's a s*#t load of them?!?

Did you ever find out what they were? If they were extremely tiny, almost microscopic and there were loads of them I'd suggest they may be spider mites. I believe they're red, but its usually to hard to tell by the naked eye. I'd check on that, look for small little webs under the side of leaves or around your plants. Your plants resemble an attack for sure, have had them before and IMO make aphids look like child play :(

Spider mites generally feed on the underside of leaves, but will cover the entire leaf surface when populations are high. They pierce plant cells and withdraw the cell contents. Feeding results in small clumps of dead cells and a speckled appearance of infested leaves. Wilting, leaf deformity, desiccation, and abscission occur with prolonged, high density infestations. Disruption of photosynthesis results in plant stunting and reductions in yield.

no they are easy to see with the naked eye. just small ants I think. But there are also little pink/light brown things that are reeeeeaaallly small too. Probably aphids i guess. I sprayed with NEEM yesterday and everything that was alive is now apparently dead and not moving. I just got back from Home cheapo and picked up some Sevin. Says it kills ove 100 insects but aphids were not listed on the bottle or in the instructions. Guess I'll just keep an eye on the plant everyday and hit it with the sevin as long as thats not too much for the plant to handle??

Be aware that sevin is quite nasty stuff and is toxic to many nontarget organisms, especially bees and certain aquatic life but also mamals to some degree. The stuff has been banned around these parts for quite a while

mix some mild dish soap with the neem, works better the soap helps it stick to the leaves about 2 teaspoons to the quart of water, soap needs to be ivory it won' burn the plants. what fertilizer are you using.

Back