• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Next to My Chair Revival

20210221-102504.jpg

20210221-102235.jpg

HeatMiser said:
Looking good Unc!

Have you tried the Zapotecs? They seem to like the HLG100 over here - it's been a very productive plant for me this year.
Thanks!

You know, this is actually the first jalapeño I've grown. Looking forward to them, though. Maybe it's my location, but it's nearly impossible to buy a good jalapeño (or even an acceptable one, honestly).

Sinn said:
Great grow you got going uncle_eccoli what's the green wire stuff you have around the plants?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Thanks!

It's garden fencing. Coated wire stuff. It works well to support the plants but it's really more to protect them from the dogs.

Getting some Zapotecs now. When should I pull these? Never grown a pick-'em-green chile.
20210731-132715.jpg

So this guy is the 7P Brain Strain Yellow. One is ripening now. (These shots are a few days old.)
20210731-132646.jpg

I've taken these down. They'll be Uncle Eccoli's Pineapple Scotch Bonnet Awesome Sauce real soon. Didn't realize this one was so blurry.. :^\
20210729-185614.jpg

Local birds fancy my Zapotecs as well, but they always wait for them to turn red.

There are catbirds around here, but yeah, I'd think they'd go for ripe ones.

This year's tree rats are especially destructive and I'm all but certain they've been chewing my Devil's Brain pods off at the stem. For spite, I guess. Horrible little monsters; I shoot them when I can.

This feels like bugs, though I couldn't say why exactly.

There are catbirds around here, but yeah, I'd think they'd go for ripe ones.

This year's tree rats are especially destructive and I'm all but certain they've been chewing my Devil's Brain pods off at the stem. For spite, I guess. Horrible little monsters; I shoot them when I can.

This feels like bugs, though I couldn't say why exactly.
Tree rats have been devouring my cantaloupes and
tomatoes this season. I suspect the ongoing drought
has them searching for water-rich foods.

Rats!

Last edited:
New growth on the TFM! :dance: First time I've ever beat the droopies. I'm going to take this guy in at the end of the season, set him in the window next to my chair.

Last edited:
Winding down. It's been a pretty lackluster chili pepper year for me. I'll have the shade cloth stored and a couple few flagging plants cleared here in the next couple days. I don't tolerate heat well, so this is my favorite time of year - the longest before it gets hot again.

Late mystery peppers. I think this is what grew from one of the Dragon's Breath seeds. Green BGoats on the right.
20210924-183208.jpg

Gnarly rainbow pod
20210924-183154.jpg

Zapoteca
20210924-183221.jpg

Last edited:
Good work, Unc! Sometimes winding down
the season can feel okay ;)

Back