Nickys Nursery in the UK

Davetaylor said:
i haven't use them but I've heard mixed views (most not good)
Dunno how they can copyright naga jolokia!
Did you see what it looked like? Almost like a cayenne. It must be a hybrid that they developed, but I agree with you, how can they name it with a name of an existing pepper?

never heard of the guy but the naga jolokia he is showing looks close to the PC1 version so I would doubt it is as hot as he says...

I've offered an invitation to "Nicky's Seeds" to come to the group and discuss his products:

Hello Sir,
The name I've given you is my screen name in the largest and most popular Hot Pepper Forum on the Internet.

I don't own that site, but would like to tell you that your business has become a discussion thread on "The Hot Pepper".

It's only fair to let you know this, and offer you an invitation to join our group to discuss your products (the hot peppers anyway).

Several questions have arisen about your products that only you can answer.

The members of this group purchase many thousands of hot pepper seeds each year and one of the members has made me aware of your products. He's purchased some of them.

Would you please stop in, join our group and tell us about your business? The group is not a "bashing" type group, but is a collection of like minded people who enjoy growing hot peppers, cooking with them and making products for marketing from them.

The group name is "The Hot Pepper" and the address of the thread your business is being discussed in is:

http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=8415

Thank you,

Nat

AlabamaJack said:
lao is a spammer nat and I already asked THP to deal with it...
Thanks AJ, I sent bentalphanerd a PM too. Looks like they had some fast action and pitched the guy out on his ear.

If you want to delete your post #7, I'll delete this one too and it'll be history!

Thanks man!

munchzilla said:
I actually think only the pictures are copyrighted?
You might have a point. The folks in Redwood City in California have one called a White Bullet, that they have some sort of legal protection for. Maybe this guy as that same thing, or he copyrighted his pic.

Hiya Nat the copyright at Nickeys Nurserys is a joke,They Buy there seeds from frontal agritech the Naga and Jolokia Range,The rest of there stock is bought from other large seed suppliers,Unfortunately very poor Ones Dave was right in saying that avoid this company like the plaque as Germination rates are only short of shameful,And making names up for chili variety's is another pointer in not spending your hard earned cash with them :clap:

Naga Jolokia is a joke Naga or PC1 If you wish isnt a naga and it tastes like the worst pepper you can imagine,Was Bought to COMPETE with the dorset Naga and to make some quick cash ;)

talas said:
Hiya Nat the copyright at Nickeys Nurserys is a joke,They Buy there seeds from frontal agritech the Naga and Jolokia Range,The rest of there stock is bought from other large seed suppliers,Unfortunately very poor Ones Dave was right in saying that avoid this company like the plaque as Germination rates are only short of shameful,And making names up for chili variety's is another pointer in not spending your hard earned cash with them ;)
Well, I thought it would be cool to invite a business owner to come here and discuss what they sell. I still think any reputable business should enjoy the chance to have a targeted audience like this. I can only imagine since they didn't even respond, that they:

1. Didn't care enough to make the effort

2. Aren't a solid business and talas is right that they are a rip off joint.

3. They came by and decided that they just didn't like the exposure.

Oh well, I tried.

if no 3 is correct then they might just make a point to get their act together.
I grew naga jolokia PC-1 this year, not fantastic fresh but makes a nice hot powder/flakes for pepping up dishes. I find it better and hotter than shop bought chilli flakes

Davetaylor said:
if no 3 is correct then they might just make a point to get their act together.
I grew naga jolokia PC-1 this year, not fantastic fresh but makes a nice hot powder/flakes for pepping up dishes. I find it better and hotter than shop bought chilli flakes

No agreed fresh powder/Flakes im sure it was great Dave,Just my personal taste thats all,Nat trying to sort something for you give me a p.m when you have a minute ;)

naga jolokia he is showing looks close to the PC1

AlabamaJack said:
never heard of the guy but the naga jolokia he is showing looks close to the PC1 version so I would doubt it is as hot as he says...

You are right, the naga jolokia in question is PC1 the heat level quoted is for the Bih Jolokia/Bhut Jolokia/Naga Jolokia not the PC1.

The chilli naga jolokia has a cited heat level of 855,000 SHU, this heat test was actually for the Naga Jolokia/Bih Jolokia/Bhut Jolokia. The PC1 is a different variety and just by looking at it you can see it can't hold that much heat!!!!

chilliabitor said:
You are right, the naga jolokia in question is PC1 the heat level quoted is for the Bih Jolokia/Bhut Jolokia/Naga Jolokia not the PC1.

The chilli naga jolokia has a cited heat level of 855,000 SHU, this heat test was actually for the Naga Jolokia/Bih Jolokia/Bhut Jolokia. The PC1 is a different variety and just by looking at it you can see it can't hold that much heat!!!!

Indeed True my friend,You stock all the Bhutt/Bih/Chocolate/Khorika
Etc don't you chilliabitor..Think your the man Nat has been after :lol:

I have to admit, the Chocolate Bhut Jolokia looks interesting. "We are currently the only UK Seed company offering The genuine Chocolate Bhut Jolokia seeds from Assam in India."

Back