• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

NJ habs, Byadagis, Sannam, and Cherry hots

Still growing despite recent insect problems - you can tell the really sick ones

these two took it the worst.

IMG_1728.jpg

IMG_1726.jpg

IMG_1725.jpg

This guy here, a Sannam I think, is holding his own.

IMG_1734.jpg

Cherry Hots never had any insects at all

IMG_1751.jpg

Here's teh cluster fck I rescued the other two cherry hots from - may the strong survive!!! May just put these into a big pot out the front door when the weather gets warm.

IMG_1754.jpg

Thanks to the generosity of 2 members, I have another few starter containers in the boiler room hatching Bhut Jolokia, Trinidad Scorpions, and 7 Pots.

:onfire::mouthonfire::hell:

Nice pictures. I have a few plants that look like yours. Freakin aphids. You have plenty growing, that Hab tray looks amazing.

bigt said:
Nice pictures. I have a few plants that look like yours. Freakin aphids. You have plenty growing, that Hab tray looks amazing.

I figured grow many in case only a few make it.

Glad you made it through that calamity. Got to agree with bigt, the orange hab bunch looks great! You may end up with quite an abundance of them at the end of the season.

Good luck with the hots in the boiler room!

aphiron said:
Just curious worlok, how old are your seedlings? Trying to compare to mine.

ALL of the ones that you have seen pictured were started in mid February and sprouted about 2 weeks later - first pics were taken March 4th.

These were they back then.

IMG_1465.jpg

I only use window sunlight so that may have kept them small for now. I don't have any fancy grow lights. ;-)

What's the Cherry Hot? I have a Cherry Bomb F-1 Hybrid. Are they the same? I've had mine for 3 years and it's indestructible!

I call it the cherry hot - Red cherry peppers. Got the seeds from a supermarket pepper. They kind that you hollow out and pickle and then stuff in provolone and Italian spiced meat.

worlok said:
I wish I knew how to stop the curling up and distortion of the new leaves. It has me WORRIED.

:shocked: :mouthonfire:
nutrients, sun, and probably aphids. i had/have a a bit of the same last year and a lot last year. not good, but not unrepairable with some care.

worlok said:
I wish I knew how to stop the curling up and distortion of the new leaves. It has me WORRIED.

:shocked: :mouthonfire:

I think they just stop on their own eventually. I have a Serrano that looked very similar to your top pics on this page and I didn't think it was going to make it. Once I got rid of the bugs, it has finally now made a comeback and looks like it will be fine. It just set it back probably 30 days. Good reason to plant early.

Back