• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

NO MORE FREE LUNCH!!!

this is a young female...as were the other two...the one I saw at first was a male...big male...

That means you got the ho's but the pimp is still on the loose...lol Good luck getting the big dawg. Maybe its kind of a blessing in disguise since they all are going to be decomposing in your pile together. So not only will you be rat free but your soil will get some nutritional benefits out of it. So if you ask me, you get 2 points for every rat killed...lol

AJ 6 Rats 0 ;)

If you want to, I suppose it is fine, however, I will not post any more...

AlabamaJack said:
going to check the traps as soon as it gets daylight (bout 30 minutes)..

Pf...I like the idea of the sniper rifle, but you can use my pellet gun and yes, you can eat peppers off the vine and I WILL provide the bear...heck, I will even set up a shooting blind for you... ;)
Yeah I don't like the idea of a drunk guy with a sniper rifle in the yard either.
Pepperfreak said:
Ya! We want pics!!! But please, no pics if you are field dressing them :lol: That might be too much :P
Now that was funny. :lol:
AlabamaJack said:
this is a young female...as were the other two...the one I saw at first was a male...big male...
So you could uh... tell he was a male from a distance? That must be some big rat.

ABurningMouth said:
So you could uh... tell he was a male from a distance? That must be some big rat.

yes sir, he was on the middle rail of the fence going away from me and lets just say he kept his harem happy...

Good job AJ! You're better off to take the females out asap. It takes longer for the female to reach breeding age than it does the males. That and one female can continually pump out a new litter in a very short time.

Although it's best to get rid of them all because they're going to eat your peppers regardless of their reproductive organs.

Well it would be worse with the lady rats if they are knocked up and get some crazy craving "Man I could kill for a Scotch Bonnet right now". lol

they are as far as I know, however, they are only attacking the anaheims, poblanos, and NuMex Sandias...

I have heard that the heat of peppers don't effect many animals due to a lack of certain receptors in the mouth & on the tongue.. humans have an abundance of such receptors. Vague.. But heard it on Discovery Channel some time ago.

Actually all mammals can feel the heat caused by capsaicin, rats included. Birds, reptiles, insects however cannot.

patrick is correct. that is why the mice are attacking the milder peppers and not his naga's lol. notice how the peppers that were picked clean the mice were nice enough to leave the placenta (the hottest part of a chili)

Back