• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

No one seems to understand

Okay my new hobby with Hot Peppers is fairly new.Everyone around me seems to call it weird......Is it that weird? I mean I know I am 20 and most my friends do other things...But I do other things as well :/

Opinions?

Live for you bro. Don't seek to others for validation. When you find something you are passionate about, others will try and bring you down. It's just how it is. Don't worry about them "Getting" it or judging you. Only god can judge you and he's da man that put the beautiful hottness on this earth for us to find, grow and burn!

They don't get it because "they" don't feel like that about it....and not many "others" do it....I'll tell you what, I'd rather what I'm doing be looked at as controvercial, than normal ;)

Keep up the good fight Valin....stay passionate and they will come around. If they don't, no worries....because remember, they don't have to understand it. They just have to accept you for who you are and what you like. If they don't....it doesn't matter. Just keep being you man! You don't have to explain yourself to anyone.

Thanks everyone! I know I can come here and talk about my passion with all of you like a family.This is why I love this site so much :) Your all like a family to me even if I don't know you all personally we all have a interest that connects us :)

I've recently also started to want to collect Hot Sauces as well :) Maybe I can bring others into the Hot Pepper world by letting them try some :D

Honestly...it is weird...we're all weird because not too many people are into or can handle the hot stuff. In this case...weird is just being different and there is nothing wrong with being different. It's really that simple.

Some people call me crazy...not crazy like I have a mental defect but crazy like I do stuff that they don't care to do. I think I'm crazy in that way...because it's true. My feelings don't get hurt because I know what people are trying to say...sometimes they use the wrong words but experience let's me know exactly what they're trying to say about me.

In high school all people want to do is what everyone else is doing. The older you get the more you like to do what makes YOU happy.
If you think THAT makes people call you crazy, try getting a concealed hand gun licence. (Which you cant get for another year anyways.) You'll get every freak out there telling you that all you want to do is kill people. Just do what makes YOU happy and let everyone else do what makes them happy....like calling people with pepper gardens weird/crazy.

Being weird isn't bad at all after reading all your posts :) And I really don't care about what others think anymore.You all gave me a pretty big boost towards what I want to do.And besides...It's just a hobby :) They make it seem like it's all I do lol

I do tons of other things as well such as going out,video games,tv,movies,anime,anime conventions,etc

So honestly.I am ME....I don't need others opinions.As llong as I am not screwing animals,or doing drugs why should it matter? :)
Thanks THP community :)

been growing peppers since I was 18 and I'm 24 now - so yeah, some people call you weird and different because they don't understand the joy of our hobby and therefore, that's why I give then habanero enemas for Christmas :hell:

Like others have said, don't worry about what others think --- just enjoy you and embrace the mentality -------->
I'd be more worried about being called normal.

In 10 years when those friends are settling down and decide to start a little garden patch for fresh produce........."hmmm, hey hun I have this buddy who has been gardening for years, maybe he would have an idea"

Just saying the world is full of circles, things come back around.

I was thinking the same thing JAG!

Valin, you'll be an expert gardener by the time they first break ground! haha
I've always admired people who find their passions early in life - they get so much more time to explore them! So, have fun and enjoy your passion! :)

Never thought about it that way :)

It'll be funny to make some brownies with scorpion dust to get back at them one Christmas as well haha! :D

But thanks everyone! Your all awesome and so very supportive

Ever since march it's been the main topic of my family and friends. Some are like wth? Others want to freeload pods off me, and others are like your dumb. I find it to be fun, so whaever floats your boat.

Weird is good. I'd rather be considered weird and strange, than what people call 'normal' nowadays! Therefore... Keep it up, sir. Live your own life. Walk your own path. Lead - don't follow. Etc!

Back