• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Noah Yates' 2014 Glog

2014 Grow list:

Home Garden:

1. Carolina Reaper
2. Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion
3. Yellow Scorpion
4. TSMB special var. (sanchez)
5. 7 pot Bubblegum (pex)
6. 7 pot Primo (sanchez)
7. 7 pot Douglah
8. Bhut Jolokia Caramel
9. Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon
10. Chocolate Bhut
11. Orange Habanero
12. Mustard Habanero
13. SB7J (pex)
14. Scotch Bonnet TFM
15. Datil (sanchez)
16. Aji Pineapple
17. Tobasco
18. Park's Jalapeno
19. Pepper Joe’s Jalapeno
20. Pinocchio Cayenne
21. Fresno
22. Serrano
23. Sweet Banana
24. Hot Wax Banana
25. Holy Mole Passila
26. Poblano
27. Green Bell
28. Yellow Bell
29. Chocolate Bell
30. Giant Aconcagua Sweet
31. Trinidad Perfume

Experimental Test Grow in the Bottom Lands:

1. 7pot barrackapore
2. 7 pot brainstrain 1
3. 7 pot brainstrain 2
4. 7 pot brainstrain 3
5. 7 pot primo 1
6. 7 pot primo 2
7. aji chombo
8. aji pineapple 1
9. aji pineapple 2
10. aji pineapple 3
11. bhut jolokia caramel 1
12. bhut jolokia caramel 2
13. bjic 1
14. bjic 2
15. bjic3
16. black habanero1
17. black habanero 2
18. black stinger
19. butch t 1
20. butch t 2
21. butch t 3
22. butch t 4
23. butch t 5
24. butch t 6
25. butch t 7
26. butch t 8
27. butch t 9
28. carolina reaper 1
29. carolina reaper 2
30. carolina reaper 3
31. carolina reaper 4
32. carolina reaper 5
33. carolina reaper 6
34. carolina reaper 7
35. carolina reaper 8
36. carolina reaper 9
37. choco bhut 1
38. choco bhut 2
39. choco scorp 1
40. yellow naga
41. 7 pot douglah 1
42. 7 pot douglah 2
43. 7 pot douglah 3
44. jalapeno 1
45. jamaican choco hab
46. king naga
47. moruga
48. mustard hab 1
49. mystery f1
50. orange scorpion 1
51. orange scorpion 2
52. peach bhut 1
53. peach bhut 2
54. pinocchio cayenne 1
55. pinocchio cayenne 2
56. pinocchio cayenne 3
57. scotch bonnet tfm
58. tobasco
59. yellow 7 pot
60. yellow primo 1
61. yellow primo 2
62. mystery bhut 1
63. mystery bhut 2

Great pics, Noah!
Looks like a good place to live.  You have a lot of work to keep up with - I'd never get half a quarter of that done.
You must clue us in to how you managed to clone yourself so you could handle all that!

Wao,way too long since I checked your glog. Looks great!
I see you have a caramel bhut and mustard hab,is there any taste/heat differences in the
mustard hab from the orange hab and from caramel bhuts to a normal bhut?

Thanks
J

I only cook with these really hot peppers (I dont try them raw).... but I will say that I find the mustard hab to be slighty sweeter and fruitier than normal orange habs (orange hab is more citric and smokey... while the mustard hab is more pungent like a mango with caramelized peaches) and they both have the same range of heat level.  In my experience the bhut jolokia caramel has more of a "bite" to the flavor than normal red or orange bhuts...  more of a freshly ground black pepper aftertaste and less fruity than standadrd bhuts.  Similar heat range (although the peppery blackoned flavor I describe can make the caramel bhut seem hotter.... or more intense) 

On the previous page I pretty much gave the basics ;) ...  but in general I would say "keep it simple." :party:

Also...  I would also advise anyone interested in starting a farm to do a little independent research on this forum and elsewhere.... there is sooo much information on the internet about worm farming (or vermicomposting).    :dance: :cool:

maximumcapsicum said:
 Sometimes I wonder whether or not trying them raw is good for health lol.

No, thank you.... XD

mj-laughing.gif

Wow Noah!

Good stuff here!

Plants and pods look great!

I was reading about the worms, I've been wanting to get some pets ;)  I had questions and you answered them all before I could ask thanks.

I don't have mulch like that on my place, but have access to it for free. The county offers it for free and they have a huge mountain. I hauled 24 yds back to the place last fall and it didn't even make a dent in the supply. Gonna double up once vacations are done.

Have you seen windchicken's glog? He's big into RCW.

Here's a quick link on the subject:

http://www.dirtdoctor.com/view_org_research.php?id=69

Keep it green!

Love the home made castings ....I have an abundance of it myself from my worm factory...garden, house plants, peppers and AACT love it...

Awesome looking pods man...

I wish I had taken a picture of my garden before I applied the worm castings so that I could do a "before and after" comparison.  The plants are turning a very pretty deep green compared to the pale yellow they were taking on when I decided it was time to lay on the castings.

Today I am harvesting more castings to feed the experimental grow in the bottoms this weekend.

Did you simply lay the castings on top of the soil? I came back from travel with my plants starting to go a tad pale. Was deciding on the next step, fish fert or something else...

Yes... I tried to evenly pour a heaping pint of castings in a ring around the base of each plant.  A nice 'topdressing.'

Edit: lol... I forgot to mention that you must water-in the castings!!!! ;)

Noah I started a worm bin as per your instructions and everything seems to be going fine. The worms have been doing their thing for about a month now. In your opinion about how long should I wait till I start harvesting the castings?

Back