• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Nola or No-go?

I was just talking this evening to the owners of a local cafe just 5 minutes from my casa.

They want me to come cook for them. Very sweet folks and I am actually considering it.

I need a new p.a.

I have to call them manana with a si or no.

I may wake up saturday morning with a nagging question.

WTF did I just do?

I was just talking this evening to the owners of a local cafe just 5 minutes from my casa.

They want me to come cook for them. Very sweet folks and I am actually considering it.

I need a new p.a.

I have to call them manana with a si or no.

I may wake up saturday morning with a nagging question.

WTF did I just do?

Cool TB! Good luck at your new job.

vegan_mexican_joint.jpg

Cool TB! Good luck at your new job.

vegan_mexican_joint.jpg

That's just plain below the belt THP.

The crappy 'thang is that while mrs. blues makes a crap pile of $$$, I'm bored as all hell and have been unmotivated.

I've been laying around like a wino bum for months.

Kitchen work seems to motivate me to do the sheeit I really want to do.

The challenge is that they want to be a NOLA style joint but they quit making roux and are buying it.

They have an alky chef and their food cost and quality blows as they buy every 'thang from SYSCO.

SYSCO is the devil!

The folks are so damn sweet though that I really want to help them out.

The weird shit-o-meter thang is that they get awesome reviews but their food sucks.

Truly WTF?

Step in and fix that joint TB. Yes, foodservice sucks, a new diner opened up here and you could tell everything was foodservice from the burger patties down to the seasoned fries from a bag. What's the point? Restaurants are supposed to make food!

Step in and fix that joint TB. Yes, foodservice sucks, a new diner opened up here and you could tell everything was foodservice from the burger patties down to the seasoned fries from a bag. What's the point? Restaurants are supposed to make food!

I am so befuddled about it that I went and bought some Spaten Oktoberfest hosky to mull it over and am 4 beers in.

I am buzzing like a teenager with a fake I.D. on Boone's Farm wine right now.

I am leaning heavily on making a bad decision and going to work for them.

I am thinking about presenting them with a deep fried crawfish taco.

How weird sheeit -o- meter is that?

Well, if they told you the hours and you are cool with that (I mean you don't want to be there all day every day), and they gave you freedom to create a menu, I'd say it's worth at least seriously considering. You know, if you become the reason people go there and you turn the place around you can always ask to be a partner. And then you own a joint. Go TB!

This is interesting. :)

I'd have to have my brain removed and refilled with cheeze wiz to work in restaurant again...Full time anyhoo. Casual, helping design a menu, creating recipes, food costing that kind of thing is ok.

TB will ambien call, wake up, call to say no and they will ask why he's late.

TB will ambien call, wake up, call to say no and they will ask why he's late.

I may have been tequila, vodka and powdered gatorade, ambien, and spliff deep but I have never EVER been late for work.

EVER!

Epiphany!

Perhaps we need a new sub forum or thread.

RESTAURANT WORKER.

I have stories that will make grandma's drop their panties and patron's cringe in horror!

Don't believe all the glory holin' sheeit on The Food Network.

There ain't no glory.

But a whole lotta' sheeit.

if you are bored and dont need money. maybe find a new hobby or volunteer a couple hours a day somewheres. having a boss really sucks,and being told you have to can really cramp style,you know what im saying. i would hand out lunch to the homless,something to do,you get social interaction,and its satisfying. so my vote is "i should smack you for even thinking about it"

Whoa dad!

THP moved this ditty from SOTM to The Lounge.

Apparently he was more drunk than I was last night.

Gotta' love that.

Sic, I've done the charity work 'thang before.

The homeless are still homeless.

They'll still be homeless next week too.

i agree,im just saying do something else instead of punching someones clock,if you dont have to. go shoot them with paintballs.

Work in the Fish Tacos and Chingon. SOunds like a fun thing to do but I never worked in a restaurant always wanted to Maybe I am naive ?

I'm with you TB. If you make a connection with someone who is trying to succeed, and they need help,
it's always nice to be able to step in and help. I'm pretty sure you're not looking to start a new career at the local greasy spoon but
If you can jump in there for say, six months or so, and rebuild the menu, clean up the joint, train the cooks, basically "Restaurant Impossible" style, then it's a win win.

When restaurant work is fun, it's a blast. When it becomes a paycheck, and a battle, it's time to GTFOut!
This sounds like something more than just "restaurant work" tho.
An opportunity to actually help out some cool folks... WIN.

Good luck bro.

Back