noob

HI everyone love this site. Its good to see such an interest in peppers. I am new at this eventho i have been growing habaneros in my garden for a few yrs. Through my ignorance, i did not know there were peppers out there far more hotter. I was born in calif, been here in the tennessee area for over 20yrs. I am retired military and postal service. I am looking forward to buying variety of seeds to start growing!!! Well not exactly a variety, more like the hot of the hot. I was reading about a butcher t strand?? I can't seem to find.

HI everyone love this site. Its good to see such an interest in peppers. I am new at this eventho i have been growing habaneros in my garden for a few yrs. Through my ignorance, i did not know there were peppers out there far more hotter. I was born in calif, been here in the tennessee area for over 20yrs. I am retired military and postal service. I am looking forward to buying variety of seeds to start growing!!! Well not exactly a variety, more like the hot of the hot. I was reading about a butcher t strand?? I can't seem to find.
Hi, it's the "Butch T" strand of the 'trinidad scorpion'. You can learn about it in this thread: http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/24007-the-trail-of-the-trinidad-scorpion-butch-t-strain/
It's pretty common these days, and I found it very easy to grow from seed.
I'm a bit of a n00b too. I got bored and went to the 'growing hot peppers' forum and just clicked 'end' and I am reading it backwards.
Seeing all the old bentalphanerd posts, omri just joining the forum (Hi omri! Do yo have the Mediterranean climate indoors yet?), ajs concrete garden, and all the other old members and posts. We all started with the same problems and questions...

:welcome: from Missouri!

I'm pretty new here also. I will share one little thing I've learned though: When I first joined here I thought I just wanted the super hots too. Then I bought some fresh Trinidad Scorpion 'ButchT' and some 7pot 'brain strain' pods. :mouthonfire: I didn't know what I was getting into!! I've since ordered a few different varieties. I do like my food hot, but not so hot I'm scared to take a 2nd bite!

Super hots are a backup. Your plants get trashed or you're a black thumb, then at least the super hots can supply your seasonal chilli supply even if you get 12 pods for the year :lol:
I'd rather plants that have 40 pods each and I can snack on them as much as I like, and a have a fridge full of them. Congo black/choc habs, yum.
But if you're a bit of a black thumb in the garden, I'd rather have at least a few super hots to use in small amounts than just a few habs, so the super hots as the back up plan for having more 'servings' of chilli throughout the year.

Welcome Biggymack! I really hope you'll enjoy your stay. :cheers:

We all started with the same problems and questions...
Pablo is right. most of the members here joined with only a passion for hot food and a limited knowledge about chiles and gardening. THP has given me so much over the years in so many ways. because of THP I got the urge to expand my knowledge of botany and several other interests. I'm also proud to say I've formed many wonderful friendships that I'm sure will last a lifetime. a man can live an entire lifetime without finding so many true, good, honest and caring friends like the ones I have. I owe it all to THP. I wish the same thing to everyone else. :)

Hi omri! Do yo have the Mediterranean climate indoors yet?
Actually yes. thanks for asking. :lol:

Omri out

Back