event Northwest ChileFest 2011

Lazienfat, I feel the pain with the extra work. One cook I hired got two DUI's in 3 weeks, next cook smoked pot in my walk in, third cook had a "mental break down", and fourth cook can't cook. All in 2 weeks total. I only have a total 3 cooks including myself. That means I worked in the kitchen all day everyday. I love being the manager and on salary :liar: . If I could help with the Scorpions I would, however all I got is Nagas that I dried and put through the coffee grinder. :(

Yeah I have some personal stuff but I am not going to cut into that for work. DUDE I know exactly what you mean, this will be the last time I ever agree to work for salary!! NEVER AGAIN! I have 4 cooks including myself. Turned over rate in a kitchen is way to high. I have had 5 employees in the last 6 months either no call no show and not come back or had to fire them because they couldnt cook.

I still have the little bottle from Cappy from last year, and a bottle of Candice's (Wildfire Chilli) Incinerator made with crystaline capsaicin. Think that'll be hot enough? :lol:Your pulled pork bhut sauce, do you mean "sweet" as in contains sugar or "sweet" as in "way cool" ? chileaddict, just bring what you feel like, enough for a little campfire in the evening. Thanks- habaneroheat, do you want one of the tent for camping?

Sweet as in cool! I think extracts are too damn hot!

Yeah, I hear you man. I don't mind so much being salary, but only if i was doing the kitchen alone. Instead I do the bar/restaurant, kitchen, maintenance, and anything else you can think of. Not worth it when the turn over is so high.
Hopefully these next cooks work out, the 10th is getting close.

Finally figured out what we can bring for the picnic.....

WINGS!

I'd not been thinking of them as a menu option thinking that Ryan was working on a wing challenge. Since that's not happening.....Wings are on the menu for the picnic!

We have a cooker/burner and a few(!) large pots. Only question is....How Hot to SAUCE???

Sorry about being absent, I have been busy with my hobby business and a rather large kite festival that was ALL last week. I will have some fresh peppers to bring, HOWEVER, they are all turning out in miniature for the most part. been saving everything that has ripened so far in the freezer, and will dry and powder them later. I will bring the Scorpion Strike Salsa that I made with Butch T Scorps I got from Cappy. It is a awesome salsa, but wicked hot. I will bring my table and a canopy, as well as a few chairs. I will try to get my wife to make that Pretzel Pie again, it is so yummy!

Hey Walt, just thinking of you and your plants. Sorry to hear the weather we have had lately came to late. Hopefully you got enough seeds for next year. Look forward to trying your salsa.

Hi SL, if you'd like, I'll provide a couple bottles of my Davez Xtreme for some of your wings - let me know and I'll earmark a couple for ya!

I volunteered earlier to bring party plates, utensils, cups, napkins - SL, do we still need these?

I'll be in Wapato on September 4th for some picking, and could get some corn on the cob for the BBQ - sound good?

I'm also thinking about bringing some nuclear pineapple for snack'n food.

So, I'm looking at bringing party staples (plates, cups,...), corn on the cob, nuclear pineapple, Davez Xtreme

That sounds great, David! I'll have a large pot we can cook the corn in, we can use the big crab-cooker burner.

Walt, I told Evan you might bring the berry-whipcream thing and he's going..."OH YEAH!!! That was SOO GOOD!". Tell your lovey lady it's a hit!

working on some other goodies~~~~~~~~ :cool:

Hey All! I was wonderin.. Does chips n salsa sound good for everybody? I work at H&L and we have some handmade salsa and tortilla chips and I can bring ALOT.. So everybody will have extra to bring home if they like! :D Anyway I'm still on for the party, I'll probably miss the dinner.. we will be arriving around 1? and will probably leave at 3 330.. so the little chilehead terror we have will sleep on the drive back home lol. lemme know!

DISCLAIMER! lazienfat... Don't let him fool ya! told him where I worked and I looked like justin beiber.. he told me he was 400lbs n I couldn't miss him. I was at work n heard.. You do like like justin beiber! I was all POed wondering who the hell was tellin me I looked like him again as a 102lb dude was walkin towards me. YEP. That was lazienfat! Truth is out!! See ya there, Fatass :rofl:

Yea, that sounds like him...neither lazy or fat! Apparently you didn't see the video of the Wing Dome challenge? You can see LnF and the rest of us on there.

BigCedar, Just bring what you want, it'll be great. And if you want to (or if the little one cooperates) you can lay her down for a nap in our trailer.

Lazienfat is also featured in Scolville Adventures superhot eatin' videos. Some of the best videos of brave superhot scarfing you will ever see. (Kind of an older version of Snacksnsuch).
icon_smile.gif

Hey SL doesn't look I am going to need those sleeping bags after all. I had to let another cook go so I will have to work the following day (possibly). Plus we fired our babysitter due to personal issues. My wife and I will still be able to go on the 10th, but will probably leave around 6pm so our daughter can get to bed on time. Thanks for looking out though, I appreciate it.
Aaron

I am still in, what do I need to know so Scotty can come with us? What is a good time to arrive on Saturday? (thinking about 11am) I will most likely have a few fresh pods to bring, for tasting purposes. I will also have my kite bag with me, just in case there is some room to play a bit...
rev_clockwork.gif

Hi All you Chili Heads out there.... okay hopefully there will be some kind of meat made that is not hot, but mild for those of us spouces that can't tolerate the firey stuff... Yes I will go through the trouble of making my pretsel pie if you promise to make a mild meat. NOT HOTDOGS!!!! Also is there still one camping spot left? I would like for Walt and I to come camp out. We have a tent, air matress, and other camping supply's.. I will be bringing Zucchini Bread for us to eat for breakfast. Should I bring some eggs also? what I am saying is do we need stuff for a Sunday morning breakfast? I also want to make sure Scotty (our dog) can come he is in training to become a service dog for me. I look forward to seeing those of you I have already met and especially those of you that are coming for the first time. Hugs and smiles, Mona (RS67Man's wife)

WELCOME!!!! MsKitty (Mona!)! Great to see you on here!

Yes there is a camping spot available, come on over as early as you'd like on Saturday and get the camp set up. As I understand things, if you are camping, pets are A-OK! It's only for the day use people that they do not want dogs or glass bottles.

The Pretzel Pie is a hit, if you want to make it~

And there will be lots of not-so-spicy foods. I think for every "super-hot-chile-head" coming to the picnic, there is 1-3 other family members who just like it "spicy", just like you. I can tell you that for the wings that I'm working on, there will be a full range of heat for everyone's tastes. I'm hoping to enlist some help (....duvalldave????.......)hinthint to help with the actual wing cooking as I've never cooked wings in quantity before. And anyone else who wants to jump in on the wing-cooking-stuff, feel free to Jump On In!

For Sunday morning, I plan on having a pot of sausage gravy and some biscuits for those of us camping and I will bring eggs to be cooked to order. Your zuccini bread would be a great Sunday morning treat! Cup o' joe, zuccini bread~~~~~~ MMMmmmm......

ps- I REALLY considered doing a pulled pork thing, but it would require taking our BBQ grill with us, and there's not that much room in the back of the truck what with hauling all the rest of the stuff......

Hey SL, working in the kitchen I work in, I can get awesome deals from my provider on whole chicken wings. I can then cut them up for you and bring them to you. That is if your having trouble finding a good deal on some. Otherwise I can certainly help you and others with the wings. I also haven't completely decided on what to bring. Thought about a dessert or a jello salad, but it sounds as if others are doing things similar. If anyone has ideas let me know.
Aaron

:rofl: You guys know I like to have some fun! :beer:
I am not sure how much super hot stuff I will be able to eat, have a big seahawks game the next day with a live band and all. Last time I ate a bunch of super hot stuff was with Richard and had to drive to tricities the next day, it was a very interesting/rough drive to my destination!!

102lbs?? Are you fucking crazy? I am not a stick man. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sure cant wait for the the 10th, cant believe its Sept already. This "summer" sure has gone by quick.

I got my keys to my new apartment today, looks like I'll be spending another year in the Pacific Northwest. Sure hope to see some more of it.

:rofl: You guys know I like to have some fun! :beer:
I am not sure how much super hot stuff I will be able to eat, have a big seahawks game the next day with a live band and all. Last time I ate a bunch of super hot stuff was with Richard and had to drive to tricities the next day, it was a very interesting/rough drive to my destination!!

102lbs?? Are you fucking crazy? I am not a stick man. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sure cant wait for the the 10th, cant believe its Sept already. This "summer" sure has gone by quick.

I got my keys to my new apartment today, looks like I'll be spending another year in the Pacific Northwest. Sure hope to see some more of it.

I was jk dude, I know your not 102, I didn't know everyone else knew you weren't 400lbs lol..Everybody's already seen you. got it. bad joke. Nice videos too, you're killin those peppers. btw nice pictures from the wing challenge guys. I had no idea you guy's have all already done all this stuff!

Back