beer November Brewdown - New England style IPA

Yeah, that's not 'it' ...

My motivation for doing away with style limitations is to abolish having to complain myself, or listen to anyone else complain about the style each time ...

The open-class would be complaint-free ...

Anyways, that's what 'it' is ...

I'm always going to brew a bunch of varied shit ... and I don't need for styles to be spec'd to drive my curiosity ...

Honestly, I don't think Ozzy does either - but he wants it for some reason ...

I've brewed an oatmeal stout, a honey ale, an open-ferment saison, a closed-ferment saison, a mild, a porter, a barleywine, a 'wheatwine', a couple of imperial IPA's, two tripel's now, a golden stout, a kolsch, and a half-dozen imperial stouts ...

Based on that list above, I'd posit the sack of Barke Pils en route to me right now is going to induce some further branching out ...

There's no issue here with exploring styles, with or without constraint ....

I'm into a predictably, complaint-free hobby life - that's all.

Lol no I kind of like the suggestions. There are things I want to try that I haven't done, but I would not have picked a spiced Belgian.
Which is cool, because there are beers I'm wanting to try in the Spiced Belgian category.

Honestly, I'm probably even going to join a local home brewer club to keep piquing my interest styles I don't normally try.

There's no reason we can't do both, either ...

Pick 6 months and spec out the style for this 6 months, and then have the alternating months be open-class ...

That would also be fine.

Ozzy2001 said:
Yeah lol although I may have Wheebz give me a challenge still.

We're > < close to a Putin/Trump meme pic ...

Seriously though, if you ever just want someone to tell you what to do - I'm your guy ...
:rofl:

Lol not being told what to do. Just not in my head, with an outside the box idea.
Although, I would probably not partake in a sour beer. I just haven't had one I've enjoyed yet so no reason for me to bother with it.

Well, hey ... if you ever want an out of the box idea, happy to discuss ... and would be even happier to force one of mine on your, LOL ...

I get it ...

I don't want to live under it as a full-time constraint, though ...

If people are happy with BrewDowns the way they are - I'm cool with leaving them alone, and will not feel pressured going forward to participate in one's that I don't find suitable to my whim at the moment ...

That's totally okay, too ...

I'll say now that I would definitely reach out to wheebz about participating nas a judging component in another Contest as well, too ... but that can be a good thing ...

I'd do one or both as I was enticing each month ...

alright then

ozzy your brewing a spiced belgian, everyone can brew whatever, january we do RIS, which you can start as soon or as late as anyone wants

Ozzy2001 said:
If it were important to you, you would budget time to make it work. :)

I kinda explained that

Work > sex > sleep > food >beer

The ONLY reason work is first, is because I like $$ and it allows me to do all the other things.  

I am submitting a recipe for Wheebz or you guys to look at…if it fits a spiced Belgian…I think I will try it.  

Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 9.02.17 PM.png

Thoughts?  Recommendations?  

Back